Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Dropout Problems

Options
  • 30-12-2015 8:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi All,

Have been Eir(com) efibre customer for 2 years at current address & to be honest i'm very happy with the service up to now. It's been fast, reliable and hassle-free.

In the last week however my the signal has been dropping very frequently (3-4 times per hour for approx 5 mins at a time).
    The router shows red lights when this happens and rebooting normally fixes it, but only until the next outage. 
    This obviously makes downloading problematic and streaming practically impossible (the only two things i use it for).

To be fair, i'm wondering if the storms have had any impact on the service, my instinct is that it shouldn't (ie should be either all on or all off)? 
    Failing that, is it a router problem? Only thing is the outages appear completely random and impossible to replicate on demand.

Eitherways, the service is not fit for purpose at present and i would appreciate any help as frustration is setting in big-time!

Many Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Hi All,

Have been Eir(com) efibre customer for 2 years at current address & to be honest i'm very happy with the service up to now. It's been fast, reliable and hassle-free.

In the last week however my the signal has been dropping very frequently (3-4 times per hour for approx 5 mins at a time).
    The router shows red lights when this happens and rebooting normally fixes it, but only until the next outage. 
    This obviously makes downloading problematic and streaming practically impossible (the only two things i use it for).

To be fair, i'm wondering if the storms have had any impact on the service, my instinct is that it shouldn't (ie should be either all on or all off)? 
    Failing that, is it a router problem? Only thing is the outages appear completely random and impossible to replicate on demand.

Eitherways, the service is not fit for purpose at present and i would appreciate any help as frustration is setting in big-time!

Many Thanks
    Hi Lawros Tache
    I would suggest that you give call our tech support team on 1890260260 & they can test this for you. It is possible that weather and high winds and water damage have intermittent effect on service, especially if over head cables. 
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Lawros Tache

Thanks Tony

Will do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Thanks Tony

Will do
    If you log issue there and have ref number we can follow up for you, but you should get sorted there..
    Happy New Year.
    Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your help.

Due to work, i only got to call this morning, but problems had been just as bad over the last few days.

Anyway, got talking to a very  nice guy this morning who said the "profile had been set too high for the line"

I've no idea what this means but he did something to fix it and for the last hour and a half it hasn't dropped once :-)

i'll continue to monitor it and your tech said he'd do the same and might need to adjust over the next few days.

The ref number is 2065678

Thanks Tony

Spoke too soon :-(

Another outage at 12.55. Only one and short, definitely much better but problem still persisting.

Could be the tech trying something but perhaps you could have a look?

Many Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Spoke too soon :-(

Another outage at 12.55. Only one and short, definitely much better but problem still persisting.

Could be the tech trying something but perhaps you could have a look?

Many Thanks
    Hi Lawros Tache

If these issues continue is really is best to contact technical support who are now open 24/7 on 1890260260

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement