Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fethard

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

Vizzy wrote: »
    Fixed your post there.

No need to thank me .

My post did not need fixing as there was no error contained within it.

You have no right to interfere with my posts. Just to bring a bit of balance here, there is a very good supermarket with an in store ATM on the Killenaule side of the town.

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Xenophile wrote: »
    I hope all this publicity for Fethard will encourage people to go and visit the town as it really is a lovely town with a great community spirit.

Even if you forget to bring cash you can get cash back in plenty places there, just buy yourself an ice cream or bar of chocolate and enjoy your visit.

you're deluded if you think this, there's nothing to do in the place but drink. Its not as bad as a lot of rural irish towns, but it is very cliquey. Trust me on that.

lufties wrote: »
    you're deluded if you think this, there's nothing to do in the place but drink. Its not as bad as a lot of rural irish towns, but it is very cliquey. Trust me on that.

I never referred to drink on any of my posts!

Unless you think that "great community spirit" is a drink!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

I never referred to drink on any of my posts!

Unless you think that "great community spirit" is a drink!

'Great community spirit' is a very broad term..it could mean a multitude of things...it can mean insular thinking, lonely folk getting together, or people getting together for a common goal. n my experience, community spirit in rural Ireland is usually getting together with regard to GAA, religion, or some other conservative thing (nothing against GAA, I love it).

The reality is there aint much to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

'Great community spirit' is a very broad term..it could mean a multitude of things...it can mean insular thinking, lonely folk getting together, or people getting together for a common goal. n my experience, community spirit in rural Ireland is usually getting together with regard to GAA, religion, or some other conservative thing (nothing against GAA, I love it).

The reality is there aint much to do

Medieval festival, tidy towns, GAA not bad things for community spirit.

• Advertisement

Medieval festival, tidy towns, GAA not bad things for community spirit.

+ Ballroom that once attracted all the biggest Irish Showbands................Now used for social dancing.

+ Great Drama Group based in the lovely Abbey Mill building.

+ Great Market day for fresh produce!

+ Ballroom that once attracted all the biggest Irish Showbands................Now used for social dancing.

+ Great Drama Group based in the lovely Abbey Mill building.

+ Great Market day for fresh produce!

When is the great market day? on a Friday morning when nobody is around. People under 40 aren't gonna be too interested in country show bands.

Someone think of the young people.

When is the great market day? on a Friday morning when nobody is around. People under 40 aren't gonna be too interested in country show bands.

Someone think of the young people.

If you've nothing good to say about the place, why keep posting here?

If you've nothing good to say about the place, why keep posting here?

Because it's a discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

Craft beer available anywhere?

• Advertisement

Because it's a discussion.

It's not really, because you won't hear anything positive about the place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Lucena wrote: »
    Craft beer available anywhere?

How is that even relevant and I say that as someone who likes to drink craft beer?!

Look there has been a few posts here about positive things in Fethard but your not interested in being positive. I'm not from the town but I know it has good points and a lot of potential and that's what people here want to discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 padre t

"Cliquey"? I'm sorry but what does that mean? I have a few friends in Fethard and I never found any of them "cliquey" at all. I really don't know why you keep putting the place down - it really is an exceptional little town with a great future ahead.

Second story down. Rare triplet calves born on a Fethard farm. http://www.fethard.com/mainpages/cnews.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

How is that even relevant and I say that as someone who likes to drink craft beer?!

Look there has been a few posts here about positive things in Fethard but your not interested in being positive. I'm not from the town but I know it has good points and a lot of potential and that's what people here want to discuss.

You're possibly mistaking me for someone else, this was my first comment in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Paddico

Which isn't in the centre of town, isn't easily spotted by to those that don't know the town, isnt near the main square/pubs(if your walking around as a stranger) and isn't available outside centre opening hours. One is needed in the centre.

You can always take the Metro from Fethard central to Centra station. That should help with the massive distance involved.
    Also having a mouth is seriously handy, you can even use that to ask someone for directions? :pac: :D

http://www.yelp.ie/search?cflt=taxis&find_loc=Fethard%2C+Co.+Tipperary

The Best 10 Taxis & Hackneys in Fethard, Co. Tipperary

http://www.yelp.ie/search?cflt=taxis&find_loc=Fethard%2C+Co.+Tipperary

The Best 10 Taxis & Hackneys in Fethard, Co. Tipperary

But, only 2 of them are in Fethard!

But, only 2 of them are in Fethard!

And one of them is based a few kilometres from the town. I was just having a laugh at the person who told him to use the metro, of course to travel the few hundred metres you could always wait for Kavanaghs Bus which travels from Clonmel to Thurles via Fethard. My apologies to anyone who has not yet learned to get around small towns.

http://www.bernardkavanaghcoaches.com/timetables/

And one of them is based a few kilometres from the town. I was just having a laugh at the person who told him to use the metro, of course to travel the few hundred metres you could always wait for Kavanaghs Bus which travels from Clonmel to Thurles via Fethard. My apologies to anyone who has not yet learned to get around small towns.

http://www.bernardkavanaghcoaches.com/timetables/

I wonder what people did for cash before bank machines? Imagine having to wait for the bank to open on a Monday!

• Advertisement

Plans to turn Fethard Town Hall in tourism hub unveiled.

http://tippfm.com/news/plans_to_turn_fethard_town_hall_in_tourism_hub_unveiled

• Registered Users Posts: 10 padre t

I'm sure that will be a great addition to Fethard, but I'm surprised that the cafe isn't being considered anymore...is there a reason for this? I would have thought that would have been very popular. On another point, I was in Fethard the other day and went for a walk down by the walls to see the new information boards which tell of the history of the village , I must say I was maddened to see some of the boards were damaged already ! Gurriers in every part of the country it seems!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭Da Boss

Your missing the point completely about services that tourists expect, but let's hope that those trying to promote Fethard don't have the same negative views as yourself.

Back on topic, I think a tourist centre and/or museum down around the castle/town walls is something that needs to be pushed for, coach parking in town is another must.

Tourist centre/museum u say??? We got that now!

Went to see this last week. Lovely setting and very informative. The church grounds and wall are lovely too. Well done to all concerned. http://fhcexperience.ie/

Advertisement