Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blinking orange light

Options
  • 30-12-2015 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Got a PS4 for Christmas and have been putting it into rest mode when not playing it. Last night when I tried to wake it, it started blinking orange continuously. Pressing the PS button didn't wake it, neither did pressing the power button on the PS4. I resolved it by holding down the power button on the PS4 for hard reset.

It is up to date with all PS updates - I read a few other posts on the web of similar issues for other people throughout the year - has anyone else experienced this and if so what is the issue and how did you fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hi all,

Got a PS4 for Christmas and have been putting it into rest mode when not playing it. Last night when I tried to wake it, it started blinking orange continuously. Pressing the PS button didn't wake it, neither did pressing the power button on the PS4. I resolved it by holding down the power button on the PS4 for hard reset.

It is up to date with all PS updates - I read a few other posts on the web of similar issues for other people throughout the year - has anyone else experienced this and if so what is the issue and how did you fix it?

Have you any strange harddrives in it?

Hybrid SSHD or anything?

I had something similar but a FW update seemed to resolve it!

Tbh your probably better staying away from rest mode entirely, I lost my HD twice in rest mode due to power cuts, and trust me, you don't want that! :)

Advertisement