Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland v Liverpool, 7.45 Sky Sports

• 30-12-2015 1:20pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

Liverpool often struggle. I was going to continue that sentence to say against Sam Allardyce teams, but I think it is sufficient as is.

Jurgen Kopp says he essentially doesn't care about playing well as long as Liverpool win, but there may well be difficult conditions, so I wouldn't be expecting a classic by any means. Despite Sunderland being second bottom and a poor team, no result would really shock me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Shiote on a windy stick. The entire game will be attempts to cross a ball onto the head of Benteke. I hear Sunderland are short of defenders but it won't matter. Yes I'm backing the home side to get something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

You know there's something fundamentally wrong with
    (a) you
    (b) your team
    when you're Googling the weather forecast in the Sunderland area for tonight. For what's it's worth, winds due to have abated by the time the game kicks off. We'll still lose, mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I won't be taking any team for granted in this crazy season but we should really be winning this whatever way possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland will be playing a back four with Wes Brown and Seb Coates at CB. Nothing more needs to be said.

A complete and utter waste of time and another certain defeat on the way to a certain relegation. Once we go 1-0 down the players will break as always.

Wake me up in May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Paully D wrote: »
    Sunderland will be playing a back four with Wes Brown and Seb Coates at CB. Nothing more needs to be said.

A complete and utter waste of time and another certain defeat on the way to a certain relegation. Once we go 1-0 down the players will break as always.

Wake me up in May.

Liverpool's problem is going 1-0 up. If they score early it could get ugly for ye but I dont really see that happening.

Coates will probably get the winner for ye :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I forsee us losing twelvety-nil against this Sunderland side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Need Liverpool to pull through and get a win for me tonight to finish off a great week of football predictions. They are unpredictable but they'll need to be really, really poor to get anything less than three points against this Sunderland team. That being said, I banked on them beating Newcastle away and they flopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

5starpool wrote: »
    Liverpool often struggle. I was going to continue that sentence to say against Sam Allardyce teams, but I think it is sufficient as is.

Jurgen Kopp says he essentially doesn't care about playing well as long as Liverpool win, but there may well be difficult conditions, so I wouldn't be expecting a classic by any means. Despite Sunderland being second bottom and a poor team, no result would really shock me.
    No result would shock me.

I expect some sort of result here, be it win, lose or draw;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

No result would shock me.

I expect some sort of result here, be it win, lose or draw;)

Could be an abandonment after Sturridge dies when stepping off the bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Magico Gonzalez

An absolute disgrace if Liverpool dont beat a struggling Sunderland side. Would mean P45s for some of the players (ok, or transfers) if we dont take 3 points here.

No excuses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,644 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

An absolute disgrace if Liverpool dont beat a struggling Sunderland side. Would mean P45s for some of the players (ok, or transfers) if we dont take 3 points here.

No excuses.

Yep , sunderland and villa are ,by some distance, the worst teams in the league.
    We have to be beating the likes of them ,and comfortably but id take 0-1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Logged in with a pessimistic attitude but Terence Trent D'Arby has just come on the oul Spotify and completely changed my outlook for the day, so 3-0 to The Reds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Liverpool's problem is going 1-0 up. If they score early it could get ugly for ye but I dont really see that happening.

Coates will probably get the winner for ye :(

There's a 10 minute grace period after Liverpool go 1-0 up where they will let anyone equalise.

After that though, Sunderland should struggle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Sunderland +1 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

dfx- wrote: »
    There's a 10 minute grace period after Liverpool go 1-0 up where they will let anyone equalise.

After that though, Sunderland should struggle.

It does seem to happen a hell of a lot. They switched off for a while after scoring against Leicester too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Have a feeling Sunderland will win this one 2-0.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Have a feeling Sunderland will win this one 2-0.

Take the day off.

Could be right though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I reckon Sunlund 1-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

Can't wait to watch Liverpool play again but I agree with others, I would not be surprised by any result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Have no doubt we will win tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Given the current form of both teams, I can only see this game going one of three ways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

3-0 Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A scrappy 0-1 win for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

4-1 to sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Logged in with a pessimistic attitude but Terence Trent D'Arby has just come on the oul Spotify and completely changed my outlook for the day...

Wow, that would have the complete opposite affect on me ... Im gonna say Sunderland to score first ... that's as much as I'm willing to predict. :(

A convincing win by Liverpool, Benteke to score in consecutive PL matches, Coutinho to score a screamer too. With Benteke we can be confident of beating Sunderland, he can beat them at Sam's game :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

I'm looking forward to seeing this game tonight it really is a must win. But as everyone has said we could end up not turning up and loosing. With the win against leicester we need to kick on with tekkers getting more goals. I'm hopping 0-3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Shiote

I think he plays for Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I put 4 bob on liverpool to win - so we will lose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Lest we forget

1256212314_balloon_goal.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

2-0 Sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

4 nil liverpool. an absolute rout. its gonna be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

4-1 Sunderland, Benteke hattrick of own goals and a Coutinho spectacular into his own net. Coates with an OG for Liverpool because he's stupid like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

More I think about it the more confident I am. Money on Liverpool -2 and Benteke to score first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

So Arsenal, Leicester, City, Utd and Spurs have beaten Sunderland, so that should mean Sunderland win it with a late wonder goal after 80 mins of non-productive possession by Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Confirmed #LFC team v @SunderlandAFC:

Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Benteke

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SunderlandAFC:

Bogdan, Toure, Lucas, Ibe, Randall, Smith, Teixeira

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Looking forward to the game. 3-1 Liverpool win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

2 - 0 to Liverpool to win, don't see Sunderland scoring

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Confirmed #LFC team v @SunderlandAFC:

Mignolet, Clyne, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Can, Henderson, Lallana, Firmino, Coutinho, Benteke

Confirmed #LFC subs v @SunderlandAFC:

Bogdan, Toure, Lucas, Ibe, Randall, Smith, Teixeira

Dat bench :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Did Sturridge get a ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Wake me up in May.

Hey man

If ever there was a night to kick-start a semi revival to give you hope of avoiding relegation, LFC are the boys you want to see striding onto your patch with their arms swinging.. dodgy defence/keeper .. no control of a game.. no sure-fire striker.. We are ripe for getting turned over tonight so keep the faith.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Dat bench :eek:

Fairly poor is an understatement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Lest we forget

1256212314_balloon_goal.gif

Why did he try and save the balloon anyway?

SUNDERLAND: Mannone, Jones, Coates, Brown, PVA, Cattermole (C), M'Vila, Rodwell, Johnson, Borini, Defoe.

That back four man, ****ing hell. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I've not watched any Sunderland this season. How's M'Vila doing?

SM01 wrote: »
    I've not watched any Sunderland this season. How's M'Vila doing?

Our best player by a country mile. He has been immense. He certainly won't be here next season, even if Sunderland do stay up.

Our best player by a country mile. He has been immense. He certainly won't be here next season, even if Sunderland do stay up.

Rotund Sam will keep ye up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Borini hat trick nailed on.
    2-0

Borini hat trick nailed on.
    2-0

One disallowed?

45,000 there tonight. The support Sunderland get is absolute lunacy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement