Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I open a epub file?

Options
  • 30-12-2015 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭

I see there isn't recommended freeware on the sticky....

Can anyone recommend something to open one of these files, or convert them to pdf. A quick google is only bringing me to useless programs, or ones filled with adware and poor interfaces/functionality.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Calibre would work.
    http://calibre-ebook.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 25,566 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

myshirt wrote: »
    I see there isn't recommended freeware on the sticky....

Can anyone recommend something to open one of these files, or convert them to pdf. A quick google is only bringing me to useless programs, or ones filled with adware and poor interfaces/functionality.

Is it a book? Do you have it on a laptop/pc/tablet?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Is it a book? Do you have it on a laptop/pc/tablet?

It is a book, and for use on a laptop. From BookBoon publisher, mate forwarded it to me. He uses it on ipad... so maybe that is why I cannot open...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭EternalHope

OP calibre can convert it to a pdf if that is easier for you. also you can read it with sumatra. i don't think sumatra has adware or spyware but CHECK BEFORE USING IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Cheers guys, I appreciate your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

There is also an epub addon for Firefox. It works fine for me.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Adobe Digital Editions also works.

Advertisement