Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 HDCP error on Toshiba 32" LCD TV

Options
  • 30-12-2015 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭

EDIT: PLEASE DISREGARD THIS THREAD. I fixed it!

I was using my girlfriend's Toshiba TV the other day and I had my PS4 hooked up to it. I was attempting to turn on Netflix but it was giving me the black screen HDCP bullSh*t.

The only solution people have given me is "turn off HDCP in the settings", that's all well and good apart from the fact Netflix won't turn on without it. What do I do at this stage? I don't want to fork out another 300-400 euro on a TV just to watch Netflix on at the weekend. The PS3 is there, granted, but I also wanted to use the Sky Player if I'm watching live football. I know it's the Toshiba, as my own Sony TV, at my house, is fine (naturally.....) and my brother's Samsung is fine. The only TV that's giving out this behaviour is the Toshiba.

I'm stuck, and my stubborn mind says I shouldn't be - I should know how to solve this, but I'm at a loss.

Does anyone have any affordable advice for me? Thanks! :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

What was the fix you found? Might help some people with similar problems

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I own a splitter. It bypassed the HDCP requirement, somehow, so I've been using that.

Sorry for the late reply! I didn't know anyone would reply to it :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It's odd that the HDCP signal via the regular HDMI cable but would through the same cable and a splitter.
    I had a similar problem with my Sky box and it turned out to be due to the cable, entirely.

Advertisement