Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't make a Payment.

Options
  • 30-12-2015 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

Hello.

I managed earlier on to use my Student Visa Debit Card to buy some stuff online and then later on in the day the payment was declined.

I'm not sure if there is so some sort of Daily Transaction Limit on the card? i have tried many times to try and pay and it just said payment declined on the website. 

My balance and stuff is correct and its just weird it wont accept. It could be the website perhaps but it was OK earlier so i'm not sure for certain.

Just wondering is there any possible solution or idea? 

Thanks! 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi RobitTv,

Thanks for getting in touch.

There's no daily limit for purchases using your Visa Debit card online, over the phone or in store. Once there is sufficient funds in your account, the transaction shouldn't be declined.

There may be an error on the retailers end when processing the transaction. It may be best to contact the retailer directly or to wait and try the payment again in a short while.

If you wish the check the status of your account/Visa Debit card, please call 0818 365 365 / 00353 1 4044000 and a representative will be happy to help. Reps are available until midnight tonight.

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement