Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick sim card question..

Options
  • 30-12-2015 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Just a quick question. I'm going to be changing my mam from Three to Virgin mobile and just wondering, once the old sim is deactivated, is it still possible to access the sms messages that are stored on it? She had been using an old nokia phone so no way to use an app to back them up, but she wants them all saved.

The sooner I change her over the better as she's out of credit on three and I think virgin close the phone lines at 20:00 this evening, but I need time to figure out how to get her sms, which I'll have plenty of as long as they are still accessible once the sim is deactivated.

Any help appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

No you will need to back em up or forward them somehwere for later..Depending on how old the Nokia is they may stay on the device itself,there is options on some of the old nokia devices to save on sim or device.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks Jimmy, I was able to back them up before the number change with myphoneexplorer :)

Advertisement