Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joytech Cuboid

• 30-12-2015 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭

So , I've been in the market for a new TC mod for a bit and was waiting for the Vapour Flask crowd to release their new products ( Christmas day ? really ? , missed the boat there guys ) .

Watching a review there on Suck My Mod and I see this , it's like a dual 18650 version of the evic mini , the evic mini that I already have and really enjoy . So , pending reviews I think I just found my next purchase . It's released as a 150W but a new firmware upgrade has already bumped that up to 200W , not that I'll ever use that , price point seems reasonable as well .

http://www.joyetech.us/cuboid-kit.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWZ662evVzU

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Is it massive? Hard to tell from the pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭jonski

EGriff wrote:
    Is it massive? Hard to tell from the pics.

It doesn't seem to be, a bit taller and thicker than the evic mini. You get a better idea of the size from the video .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭nuttyboy79

It's just another mod I don't really need but I'll end up buying :mad:. Ah well I see divorce in my future.

Esmokeireland now have these in stock for €55 , ordered one today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ohmplate

I ordered one just there and more batteries and more wire and more juice... I hope it comes before the weekend because I'll be staying in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

Just ordered one too, they look great.

Also ordered a cubis, and an aspire cleito. Cubis looks great, not sure on the cleito, massive coil assembly.

And some new batteries....

I have a reuleaux rx200 on the slow (although nearly here) boat, might sell it on if this does the job.

moleyv wrote: »
    Just ordered one too, they look great.

Also ordered a cubis, and an aspire cleito. Cubis looks great, not sure on the cleito, massive coil assembly.

And some new batteries....

I have a reuleaux rx200 on the slow (although nearly here) boat, might sell it on if this does the job.

There is going to be an RBA section for the Cleito .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

New year... new temptations... I was thinking of getting a eVic mini then the rx200 but now this comes along and seems to slide into that perfect middle ground between the two.

Waiting to hear what you good gentlemen have to say about the Cuboid.

Just opening my stuff now.

I never thought the cuboid would weigh so much. Definitely one to stay at home, and not put in the batteries yet!!

Cleito looks nice, just hope its not a leaker.

Cubis has some nice weight to it, but lots of parts. First time in a long time too I got a tank that smelled strongly of oil.

I got mine yesterday and have been using it all day. It's good so far. Have it with a sub tank mini with a 0.8 coil and it's decent. The fireing button is very rattley though. Not impressed with that but for the price I'll forgive it.

• Advertisement

ohmplate wrote: »
    I got mine yesterday and have been using it all day. It's good so far. Have it with a sub tank mini with a 0.8 coil and it's decent. The fireing button is very rattley though. Not impressed with that but for the price I'll forgive it.

I had mine in my hand as I read this and shook it around by my ear and there is no rattle from it .

jonski wrote: »
    I had mine in my hand as I read this and shook it around by my ear and there is no rattle from it .

My one rattles like a packet of smarties.

Mine doesn't rattle at all. And not the button either, I gave it a finger banging to try it out.

I had a bit of trouble updating the firmware. But it just turned out to be the cable I was using, the one that comes in the box worked just fine.

I think the cubis could be good for MTL, not my thing to test out though, but it can be set up very tight.

Cleito is very airy, don't see it as a game changer though, maybe if the make more of a selection of coils. Two types of Clapton isn't much of a range. I can see the coil unscrewing with the top at some stage, making a mess come time to fill.

Cleito is very airy, don't see it as a game changer though, maybe if the make more of a selection of coils. Two types of Clapton isn't much of a range. I can see the coil unscrewing with the top at some stage, making a mess come time to fill.

The reason I bought the Cleito was the promise of an RBA section . It says it at the bottom of the description page on the Aspire website .

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/cleito/236.html

jonski wrote: »
    The reason I bought the Cleito was the promise of an RBA section . It says it at the bottom of the description page on the Aspire website .

http://www.aspirecig.com/products/cleito/236.html

Yep, I saw that. I use premade 90% of the time though. I wouldn't be too confident to do TC builds with nickel though, so I hope at some stage they might release some.

Best tank I've used with stock coils in a while has been the Melo 2. The nickel coils are working great so far on the cuboid.

The cuboid is so solid I wouldn't like to drop it on a tile.

I think that rattle is a defect. I'd try getting it replaced.

What colour did he get?? I went for the grey. Looks great!

Yep, I saw that. I use premade 90% of the time though. I wouldn't be too confident to do TC builds with nickel though, so I hope at some stage they might release some.

Best tank I've used with stock coils in a while has been the Melo 2. The nickel coils are working great so far on the cuboid.

The cuboid is so solid I wouldn't like to drop it on a tile.

I think that rattle is a defect. I'd try getting it replaced.

What colour did he get?? I went for the grey. Looks great!

I went for the silver as my other two mods are black and grey . I haven't built any TC coils yet, only kanthal, but I am looking into SS builds .

FT have the Cuboid for 44USD for anyone interested.

I'm debating getting another cuboid and selling on my reuleaux rx200 when it arrives. I'll have to see how big it is first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

bastard thing, I love it!

Can't buy another Mod though

the missus will give me the auld line "I thought this Vaping lark was meant to save you money"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

No rattles on my Cuboid & using the Cleito on it with the .4,gone through 3 tank fills of Nut Juice with the air fully open at 60w,no leaks yet,a really smooth airflow & vape,the Aspire RBA's weren't really up to scratch before,so I'm hoping for a good one this time with the coil/chimney design,I have been re-filling over the sink in case the top cap pulls out the coil,as mentioned above,this could be the downside,I prefer the Innokin type connection rather than screwing your coils in,time will tell.
    Must try the Cuboid with TC today to see if all works well.

kingtiger wrote: »

the missus will give me the auld line "I thought this Vaping lark was meant to save you money"

use the line "Nah , it's supposed to save your life" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Bingo Jonski

but bet I will get the look of the eye of Sauron upon me

How are ye finding battery life?

Mine will last another few hours, so I'd say a full day.

Vaped half a tank on cubis, 0.5ohm on SS TC

Vaped a tank and half on cleito, 0.2 ohm 60w

Vaped a tank on Melo 2, 0.15 ohm Ni TC limited to max 100w, but never really even hit 60.

I'm using two new HE4s, so I expect them to still be breaking in for a few charges.

I think that is pretty decent considering it was the first charge on the batteries and should improve.

Got round to updating the firmware today & the highest wattage output I could get was 180w,tried a few times with different usb cables but with no joy,I checked the version on the mod & it is the 310 firmware that should give me 200w.
    Never mind,I'll never use 200w anyway,there are always something missing or don't work on all mods,I'd say they all originated in Peckam:eek::eek::eek: is that where Del Boy lives :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Will it only go to 180W even with no tank attached?
    Think that mod limits the max wattage based on the build you have attached.

Soundman wrote: »

You could be right there,I had a Cleito with .4 clapton coil attached,I'll try it without an atty & also another build & let you know.

I also thought that how good the batteries were would also affect the outcome . ( he said , like he actually understands the whole battery thing )

Soundman wrote: »

Thanks SM You were right,it was the coil that stopped the Cuboid from reaching 200w.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

No bother. I only knew that from watching FAR too many reviews online of everything. Haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

How are ye getting on with the cuboid lads? I'm thinking of upgrading to one, along with a Cleito tank. Would any of ye recommend this combo?

• Advertisement

How are ye getting on with the cuboid lads? I'm thinking of upgrading to one, along with a Cleito tank. Would any of ye recommend this combo?

I love that combination,I have 3 Cuboids with a Cleito on each of them,a very solid quality mod & the display is really easy to see & use,excellent power on all modes.
    Not one leak or condensation on the Cleito,air flow is massive when fully open,I close mine about half way for my perfect vape.

Advertisement