Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming monitor Suggestions

Options
  • 30-12-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey, I'm trying desperately to find a monitor without any luck. Does anyone have monitor suggestions that tick all the below boxes:

Max €500
    1440p resolution
    Around 24" size but doesn't matter too much
    Has G-Sync
    Has BOTH hdmi and display port inputs

For the life of me I can't find anything.

Before anyone mentions it, "you're asking too much" is not an acceptable answer :p but I'm open to some healthy banter on topic cuz my rig has a cheap bottleneck of a monitor at the moment.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I just picked up one of these http://www.komplett.ie/asus-pb287q-28/20449061/details.aspx Doesn't have G-Sync but it's a cracking screen for the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

Not much point in 1440p at 24", you should either look at a larger screen or a 1080p one with a high refresh.

Also, it's doubtful you'll get all of the specified features for €500 (G-Sync alone tends to bump the price up by the gust of a couple of hundred)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Euripides_

Not much point in 1440p at 24", you should either look at a larger screen or a 1080p one with a high refresh.

Also, it's doubtful you'll get all of the specified features for €500 (G-Sync alone tends to bump the price up by the gust of a couple of hundred)

I'd be willing to forego the g-sync I guess, as long as refresh is pretty okay. I'm not a crazy fps guy or anything but I do like my immersive visuals.

Why do you say no point in 1440 at that size?

feylya wrote: »
    I just picked up one of these http://www.komplett.ie/asus-pb287q-28/20449061/details.aspx Doesn't have G-Sync but it's a cracking screen for the money.

That actually looks pretty cracking, asides from being a bit bigger than I had in mind. Any comments on the colour reproduction? Do you game on it at all? Will be for work as well as gaming for myself.

Also, any screen tearing?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Colour reproduction seems fine to me, but I'm no expert. It's fantastic for gaming. Been playing a lot of Battlefront in 4k, and it's stunning.A bit of tearing in some games, but nothing v-sync can't handle.

• Advertisement

feylya wrote: »
    Colour reproduction seems fine to me, but I'm no expert. It's fantastic for gaming. Been playing a lot of Battlefront in 4k, and it's stunning.A bit of tearing in some games, but nothing v-sync can't handle.

Good stuff cheers for the input. Think I'm veering towards the 1440p little brother of your model with the IPS panel. I'll update here if I change!!!

Well.. .now I'm seeing vids and reports of the ASUS PB-series with bad horizontal tearing during games. So... I'm back in limbo on this

Goint with the Asus PB278QR 27-inch IPS. Linus seems to like it so I'm in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5iCuzYLN3w

Advertisement