Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why is the Alleged ISIL recruiter in Ireland name being withheld ?

• 30-12-2015 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

I know Boards.ie doesn't really like discussion on current cases, but I dont want to talk about the man involved, I just want to know why his identity is being protected ? I thought that only applies to the family court and to minors ?
    He's apparently 50 odd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

The clue is in your title "alleged"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Because he has human rights here and with the court of human rights aka court for the protection of scum in strasbourg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Seamus O'Shaughnessy is what I heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

hairyslug wrote: »
    The clue is in your title "alleged"

Ehhh everyone in court is alleged to have done something until the verdict is reached. That's not reason for your name to be withheld.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Ask them to release his alleged name.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I know Boards.ie doesn't really like discussion on current cases, but I dont want to talk about the man involved, I just want to know why his identity is being protected ? I thought that only applies to the family court and to minors ?
    He's apparently 50 odd.

Its to protect the identity of his beard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If his name was released there would be vigilante mobs outside his house.

Gatling wrote: »
    Because he has human rights here and with the court of human rights aka court for the protection of scum in strasbourg

Thank you, Daily Mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

It's a pity it's not Enda fckn Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

So his alleged targets don't know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Enda Kenny hasnt been seen since this story broke.

pablo128 wrote: »
    It's a pity it's not Enda fckn Kenny.

Can't be Enda. He lacks the people skills to be an IS recruiter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Ehhh everyone in court is alleged to have done something until the verdict is reached. That's not reason for your name to be withheld.

You understand the gravity of these claims, whether true or not, whether guilty or not, there would be mobs outside his house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

I guess they don't want the people at the dole office giving him a dirty look when he's collecting.
    Nodin wrote: »
    Thank you, Daily Mail.

Jesus nodin, you're like a fly to manure when it comes to people who despise us having their rights infringed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

You understand the gravity of these claims, whether true or not, whether guilty or not, there would be mobs outside his house.

Citation on this happening ?

So its not a legal reason but one where they're doing him a favour?
    Does anyone know if the same applied to alleged IRA members when they were up in court ?

Like the only other thing I can think of that might generate mob justice is someone accused of being a peadophile, and in those cases the accused is named but generally not the victim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭nokia69

mikeym wrote: »
    If his name was released there would be vigilante mobs outside his house.

I doubt that

there is more chance that mobs of islamists wanting to join ISIS would arrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ponzook

Can't be Enda. He lacks the people skills to be an IS recruiter.

Sure isn't he creating jobs doing this.

Thank you, Daily Mail.

Don't start with that.

How many more cases do we have to hear where pathic scum get to hide behind the courts in strasbourg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

He's apparently 50 odd.

Why to promote what he's doing... why would you help any more of these young fanatics to find him on social media?

• Advertisement

mhge wrote: »
    Why to promote what he's doing... why would you help any more of these young fanatics to find him on social media?

Well I'd presume he's thoroughly compromised by now and anyone looking to get recruited by him would be picked up by the gardai fairly quickly.

What if some family knew their young lad was hanging out in his gaff/mosque wherever, but didn't know what he was up to. That could give them warning and prompt them to intervene or look for help.

Wonder how much this is costing tax payers

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

Gatling wrote: »
    Wonder how much this is costing tax payers

More, now

[url]Http://www.Rte.Ie/news/2015/1230/756841-court-deportation/[/url]

Seen that been following the case since last week .
    He claimed he had rights based off an Irish born Child but a child who's not resident here .
    another was killed in a battle in the middle east apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Ali Bin-Hirin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

Don't know why you're worried, sure linda Clarke has it all sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Citation on this happening ?

What? You want a source verifying if an event occurs in the future some other event will occur in the future? CrystalballWiki? 😄

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

There's a thread about it here. Please read the Politics Cafe's charter before posting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement