Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chromecast and Horizon

• 30-12-2015 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Is there anything I need to adjust in settings on the Horizon box
    to set it up? It's coming up on the screen but wont let me passed entering
    my upc password. It keeps saying check password is right or try
    again, password is correct. All the phones are able to connect to the wifi so
    maybe Google Chromecast isn't compatible with Horizon?
    If anybody could help or guide me to the
    right forum I'd very much appreciate it.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I have a Chromecast running fine on UPC.

After plugging in the Chromecast, did you install the app to set it up?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.chromecast.app&hl=en

When opening that, you'll see your device and click Set Up.

Your device should be on the same network as the one you want to add the CC to (i.e. NOT the wifree ID).

If you haven't changed your wireless password it'll be all caps and eight letters/numbers long that you enter on your phone when connecting.

Should work after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Yep did all that, tv connects to chromecast, sees my network,
    I see the code. Then my network name comes up, I then enter my upc password.
    It starts connecting to my upc network name. After a few minutes this comes
    up..Connection problem during setup..could not connect to upc__please check
    your password. Password's correct, so confused.

Yep did all that, tv connects to chromecast, sees my network,
    I see the code. Then my network name comes up, I then enter my upc password.
    It starts connecting to my upc network name. After a few minutes this comes
    up..Connection problem during setup..could not connect to upc__please check
    your password. Password's correct, so confused.

Strange all right.

Just out of curiosity, how many devices are currently connected to your wireless? (Including phones, tablets, laptops etc!).

Is it possible for you to reset the horizon box (rule 1 of IT, turn it off and on again). You'd be surprised the amount of times that works!

There five devices connected to the Horizon Wi-Fi. I did what you suggested and no luck, it's very frustrating.

There five devices connected to the Horizon Wi-Fi. I did what you suggested and no luck, it's very frustrating.

I can bet!

Can you use another phone, tablet, pc to set the chromecast up?

In chrome if you go to https://www.google.ie/chromecast/setup/ you may need to follow the same steps.

I hope you get it sorted soon.

• Advertisement

I tried from my phone data but it wouldn't work, kept asking to connect to Wi-Fi. I'm convinced it's something in the settings that need changing so I'll connect with ethernet. After that I might give Virgin Media a call or just give up 😥

I tried from my phone data but it wouldn't work, kept asking to connect to Wi-Fi. I'm convinced it's something in the settings that need changing so I'll connect with ethernet. After that I might give Virgin Media a call or just give up 😥

It won't work through your data connection. You have to set up the chromecast using a device that's connected to your wifi (a laptop via the link above, phone via the chromecast app).

Yes, it was through wifi hot-spot and then through horizon box wifi using my laptop. Anyway got it working in the end with my phone. Found a thread from last year suggesting to connect to chromecast hotspot before opening the app. That did the trick, have yet to try the laptop again. I also reset the chromecast by pulling out the mini usb cable to reset first. Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Great little gadget.

Advertisement