Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak in bedroom ceiling

Options
  • 30-12-2015 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

I have noticed a brown stain beginning to form in the corner of my bedroom which looks like a water stain due to rain coming through the attic or roof. I'm in no way DIY savvy, can anyone recommend a capable tradesman who could investigate and repair the cause of this?

Thanks all

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

You would need to investigate it a bit further. Maybe take a look at what's above it. Take a look in the attic, it could be a leak from a pipe or maybe a slate has come lose and the roof might need a bit of attention. If you can find that out you could then look for the right trade person ( plumber/roofer etc) and possibly avoid an unnecessary callout charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    You would need to investigate it a bit further. Maybe take a look at what's above it. Take a look in the attic, it could be a leak from a pipe or maybe a slate has come lose and the roof might need a bit of attention. If you can find that out you could then look for the right trade person ( plumber/roofer etc) and possibly avoid an unnecessary callout charge.

I completely agree. If you are not in a position to go into the attic yourself, you might be able to get somebody just to go up and have a look. Failing that, any friend who has had building done in your area who can reliably recommend somebody trustworthy would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

Maybe a scan of your slates/tiles. from the outside, in daylight, might reveal some movement in the slates.

Advertisement