Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's gonna be the best NYE venue in Sligo?

Options
  • 30-12-2015 11:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

It seems to me, the main venues are Garavogue, Velvet Rooms and "Sixth".

The rest seem to pubs where folk sit around and sip on pints.... not much dancing/groping, going on.

So - basically, my experience thus far, the Garavogue does seem to bring in the chicks in short skirts that drink excessively, which is a winning combination on any night.

But, specifically for NYE, I'm wondering what the best venue might be for.... good dancing, and a nice crowd of high heeled inebriated chicks - i.e. not a sausage fest. That's the last last thing I need to ring in the New Year.

Any tip offs??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

It seems to me, the main venues are Garavogue, Velvet Rooms and "Sixth".

The rest seem to pubs where folk sit around and sip on pints.... not much dancing/groping, going on.

So - basically, my experience thus far, the Garavogue does seem to bring in the chicks in short skirts that drink excessively, which is a winning combination on any night.

But, specifically for NYE, I'm wondering what the best venue might be for.... good dancing, and a nice crowd of high heeled inebriated chicks - i.e. not a sausage fest. That's the last last thing I need to ring in the New Year.

Any tip offs??

Every where is going to be absolutely fecking wedged. If I was going out, I'd be heading to The Garavouge or 5th, and going there early.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Best places were Toffs and Velvet Rooms.

Garavogue was terrible.
    Fifth, was terrible.
    Sixth...... was also terrible.

Toffs was full with people, but the music sounded like someone allowed that hillbilly Ciaran Carty back on the decks. #****ing-cheese.

Velvet Rooms was very good.
    First time I've been in there that there was actually more than 25 people present, and the DJ only stank the place out for short intermittent periods throughout the night.
    For the most part, the music was actually okay.

My question is: how does one know when the good nights are happening, and where the big crowds will be?

Was it just by chance that there ended up being massive queues for Toffs and Velvet Rooms, whilst every other joint in town was like a ****ing morgue?

Is there some classified information that I'm somehow not getting access to...?

Advertisement