Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know anything about what meakstown cottages in finglas is like these days

Options
  • 31-12-2015 12:02am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭

There is a house for sale but I know that back in the day it was very rough and junkies everywhere just wondering if anyone knows what It's like nowadays? I drove down that way a couple of days ago during the day it had a sign that said text alert area and also a large group of young people sitting on a wall smoking, is this a usual thing?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Moved from Dublin County North.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I've only passed it a few times. It seems relatively isolated. Do the footpaths and street lights extend that far?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Meakstown Cottages full of junkies??? Can't say I've ever experienced that tbh.i live in Cityside just a minute away from them at the Shopping Centre.

They done a Home Improovement episode up there about 2 years ago too so that might be worth searching for to give you an idea for refurbishment etc

It's an older estate, I would have thought it was pretty settled by now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 418 ✭✭jack923

kceire wrote: »
    Meakstown Cottages full of junkies??? Can't say I've ever experienced that tbh.i live in Cityside just a minute away from them at the Shopping Centre.

They done a Home Improovement episode up there about 2 years ago too so that might be worth searching for to give you an idea for refurbishment etc

It's an older estate, I would have thought it was pretty settled by now.

Thanks for the reply, it used to be like that many years ago I lived with a family member there a long time ago down dubber lane and it wasn't safe at night at all, the dog squads were out quite often, the whole area along the st Margarets road was pretty dodgy back then so it probably improved with the rest of the area, I will take a few drives around to see more of what It's like these days.

Victor wrote: »
    I've only passed it a few times. It seems relatively isolated. Do the footpaths and street lights extend that far?

Yes It's very isolated which is one of the things I am worried about, as far as I remember they go half way down dubber lane.

• Advertisement

jack923 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, it used to be like that many years ago I lived with a family member there a long time ago down dubber lane and it wasn't safe at night at all, the dog squads were out quite often, the whole area along the st Margarets road was pretty dodgy back then so it probably improved with the rest of the area, I will take a few drives around to see more of what It's like these days.

You may be talking about the pre development times.
    I remember walking down the road from the castle pub (the times I could get in, I was only 16/17).

Take a drive up, the whole area is different now.

You may be talking about the pre development times.
    I remember walking down the road from the castle pub (the times I could get in, I was only 16/17).

Take a drive up, the whole area is different now.

Yes I knew the area very well in the mid 90s to early 2000s when there was nothing but the castle, cottages and a halting site and it was one of the worst parts of finglas imo I will definitely take a few trips around the area to get a better grip of what It's like now thanks for the help.

jack923 wrote: »
    Yes I knew the area very well in the mid 90s to early 2000s when there was nothing but the castle, cottages and a halting site and it was one of the worst parts of finglas imo I will definitely take a few trips around the area to get a better grip of what It's like now thanks for the help.

Best of luck.

What house is up for sale, haven't seen it on MyHome.

Best of luck.

What house is up for sale, haven't seen it on MyHome.

It's down dubber lane there is actually 2 up for sale but I can only afford 1 of them, I think most of the old residents are dying off and that It's a pretty new crowd up that way now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

It's quite a nice house.

They're both on daft.ie

• Advertisement
Advertisement