Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ski repping

Options
  • 31-12-2015 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone in short, having just come back from a great week skiing just before Christmas, I've been giving serious thought to taking a year out from college next year & applying to be a ski rep in one of the resorts. I was just wondering here, as a sort of long shot (given how small this forum is) does anyone have any experience of the application process, dates & experience of ski repping in itself (I would presume topflight & direct ski are generally the only show in town) but any information about any company would be great!

Gros bisoux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

There are a couple of ski instructers on here and they gave advice about it last year I think. Any experience in pubs/restaurants?

fattes might be along later with some advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

sheesh wrote: »
    There are a couple of ski instructers on here and they gave advice about it last year I think. Any experience in pubs/restaurants?

fattes might be along later with some advice.

Yeah spent last summer working in a restaurant on my J1 last year! My skiing isn't bad, but definitely not ski instructor level. I'm young for my year in college so I'd be happy to take a year out TBH, no need to rush into the real world just yet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Yeah spent last summer working in a restaurant on my J1 last year! My skiing isn't bad, but definitely not ski instructor level. I'm young for my year in college so I'd be happy to take a year out TBH, no need to rush into the real world just yet ;)

They gave advice on what jobs to look for and where to apply. have a look through the posts like this

Advertisement