Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refused overdraft

• 31-12-2015 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭

Was just refused an overdraft with AIB of 500e online. I have a full time permanent job with a salary of 22000 per annum with my wages paid directly into my account. Not sure why I was refused but would I have a better chance if I went into the branch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Riddler87

From my experience, the branch is just a front for the online banking team. They just help you with forms/questions really.

I am on 36k a year and refused a overdraft from BOI (full time and permanent)...

(sorry not to bring any positivity to the post)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,014 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

No problem thanks for the reply. I'll pay a visit to ulster bank and permanent tsb today see if they can help if I switch over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

No problem thanks for the reply. I'll pay a visit to ulster bank and permanent tsb today see if they can help if I switch over

I'm with PTSB and I was refused an overdraft as well, I earn double your salary have no loans, mortgage, children etc. they said I would need to have money leftover each month for at least 6 months to get one, it didn't matter that I had savings (small savings) every month going into credit union.

I just wanted it 'just in case', couldn't believe it when I was refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Galadriel wrote: »
    I'm with PTSB and I was refused an overdraft as well, I earn double your salary have no loans, mortgage, children etc. they said I would need to have money leftover each month for at least 6 months to get one, it didn't matter that I had savings (small savings) every month going into credit union.

I just wanted it 'just in case', couldn't believe it when I was refused.

It is kinda funny that AIB a sister company give out €600 overdrafts to students with just a simple application form and will give up to €1,600 with parental guarantee.

Maybe try AIB for an overdraft? They are generally more open to overdrafts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Tell them you want the money to go to France for Euro2016 and Bob's your uncle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement