Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tv box sets

• 31-12-2015 12:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

Whats the legality of using one as a consumer in Ireland? Im not considering to buy one even though i'm paying €60+ a month for sky, i just don't think it's fair for people who just buy a box set for a one off price rather than people who fairly earn and spend their money. Would appreciate all posts!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

The first season of True Detective is good. You should get that one. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

so you mean boxes that stream shows over the internet for free

or a free to air satellite that picks up free stations? ie the stuff you'd be left with if you took your sky card out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭9de5q7tsr8u2im

Boxes that stream shows over the internet, specifically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

me_irl wrote: »
    The first season of True Detective is good. You should get that one. :pac:

Don't bother with the second. It was rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Qiaonasen

They will exist until the service offered by paid providers is equivalent quality. Netflix still doesn't have a lot of shows that the TV box sets have. Don't have one myself but considering getting one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

I use Chromecast to cast from a certain website. Job done for 40euro !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

The Father Ted box set is my personal favourite.

Careful now

Down with that sort of thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Whats the legality of using one as a consumer in Ireland? Im not considering to buy one even though i'm paying €60+ a month for sky, i just don't think it's fair for people who just buy a box set for a one off price rather than people who fairly earn and spend their money. Would appreciate all posts!!

"people who fairly earn and spend their money"???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

desbrook wrote: »
    I use Chromecast to cast from a certain website. Job done for 40euro !

I'm guilty of it myself....but it is probably killing the film industry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I watch nothing but boxsets, only for them I'd never have seen any series of anything since MacGyver.

I watch them legally though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement