Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir

Options
  • 31-12-2015 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Joined eir almost 3 weeks ago online.The promotion was €100 cashback but so far I still haven't received it.Also phone 6 times about it & hubby phoned 3 times about slow broadband. We want to cancel our account but eir said we need to pay them €100 for breaking the contract.They are not fulfilling their part of the contract.Does anyone know if I still need to pay the €100 for breaking the contract early.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,310 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 11 sharbar

Zaph wrote: »
    Moved from Feedback

Why was my post moved??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

sharbar wrote: »
    Why was my post moved??

The forum you posted it in is specifically for feedback about www.boards.ie.

So it was moved to the forum for Eir, so they can contact you to fix the issues for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

Joined eir almost 3 weeks ago online.The promotion was €100 cashback but so far I still haven't received  it.Also phone 6 times about it & hubby phoned 3 times about slow broadband. We want to cancel our account but eir said we need to pay them €100 for breaking the contract.They are not fulfilling their part of the contract.Does anyone know if I still need to pay the €100 for breaking the contract early.
    Hi sharbar
    while there are charges applied for breaking contract early. However the figure advised seems unusual. Can you PM me with your acount details or order or landline and I can check this for you?
    Tony

eir: Tony wrote: »
    Hi sharbar
    while there are charges applied for breaking contract early. However the figure advised seems unusual. Can you PM me with your acount details or order or landline and I can check this for you?
    Tony

Tony.
    I don't know how to send pm etc as new on this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Click on Tony's name at top of his posts, then you'll see an option to on him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Cheers for that kbell
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MM2011

Joined eir almost 3 weeks ago online.The promotion was €100 cashback but so far I still haven't received  it.Also phone 6 times about it & hubby phoned 3 times about slow broadband. We want to cancel our account but eir said we need to pay them €100 for breaking the contract.They are not fulfilling their part of the contract.Does anyone know if I still need to pay the €100 for breaking the contract early.
    I joined sometime ago for the promise of 'Superfast Broadband' in my area. Was getting between 35 - 45 Mbps with UPC.  EIR rep told me I could get "up to 40 mbps" with EIR and considering the discount available I switched. I noticed straight away that my speed was nowhere near 40 mbps - the max I could get was 10mbps. I rang EIR several times , logged faults, engineers sent out etc. 

After a few weeks of this I was  finally told that the line to my house was only 15 mbps and that was the max speed that was possible .  Due to the time taken in logging calls and waiting for call outs , the contract cool down period had now elapsed. I rang to complain and cancel my broadband citing that I was lead to believe I would get somewhere near 40mbps when I signed up.  They wanted to charge me a cancellation fee as there was a considerable chunk of my contract left.  When I stated that I didn't expect to get 10 mbps when signing up for "Superfast Baroadband" the EIR rep stated that I was promised "up to 40 mbps"  which 10 mbps  falls under and that a cancellation fee had to be applied! 

At that stage I left the call quite annoyed and called back some days later. After much argument the EIR rep informed that if I was promised 'up to 40 mbs" and the max that was possible is 15mbps then the contract can be cancelled without a cancellation fee. The original contract call was to be retrieved to check this out. Still waiting on my response around 6 weeks later!

MM2011 wrote: »
    I joined sometime ago for the promise of 'Superfast Broadband' in my area. Was getting between 35 - 45 Mbps with UPC.  EIR rep told me I could get "up to 40 mbps" with EIR and considering the discount available I switched. I noticed straight away that my speed was nowhere near 40 mbps - the max I could get was 10mbps. I rang EIR several times , logged faults, engineers sent out etc. 

After a few weeks of this I was  finally told that the line to my house was only 15 mbps and that was the max speed that was possible .  Due to the time taken in logging calls and waiting for call outs , the contract cool down period had now elapsed. I rang to complain and cancel my broadband citing that I was lead to believe I would get somewhere near 40mbps when I signed up.  They wanted to charge me a cancellation fee as there was a considerable chunk of my contract left.  When I stated that I didn't expect to get 10 mbps when signing up for "Superfast Baroadband" the EIR rep stated that I was promised "up to 40 mbps"  which 10 mbps  falls under and that a cancellation fee had to be applied! 

At that stage I left the call quite annoyed and called back some days later. After much argument the EIR rep informed that if I was promised 'up to 40 mbs" and the max that was possible is 15mbps then the contract can be cancelled without a cancellation fee. The original contract call was to be retrieved to check this out. Still waiting on my response around 6 weeks later!
    Hello MM2011

Sorry to hear of these issues. Please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I will check for an update on this.

Thanks
    Al

anybody know how much is the cancellation fee for eir.They wont give me the €100 cashback they had as a promotion at the time i joined.
    Am just sick of them.

• Advertisement

anybody know how much is the cancellation fee for eir.They wont give me the €100 cashback they had as a promotion at the time i joined.
    Am just sick of them.
    Hi sharbar

I'm sorry to hear of this - Only the eir cancellations team can confirm how much the cancellation fee is - you can reach them on free phone 1800303600. If you would like me to look in to the issue surrounding the €100 please feel free to PM me your eir account number and I'll get back to you within 24 hours.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Sharbar

I have found some information in relation to the €100 cash back offer

If you ordered the service online between the 8th and the 14th of December and your service is now installed for longer then 14 days you will receive an email advising you on how to claim it within 5 working days after the 14th day of service.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭mrbig

I Joined Eir in November , I signed up in a store , I find that I am €80 outside my plan because I make alot of calls to the UK , When I contacted Eir they told me I should have opted for a business plan, This was never offered to me int the store.
    I was given the run around and plenty of advice as to how it was my fault and I should go to the store for an argument.
    This is really shoddy , a buisness plan is available that would allow me to make UK calls but I had no way of knowing that this is now not availabe to me.
    This is what I get for trusting that your store agents would be honest with me.
    I was miss sold an unsuitabe product by an Eir Agent who I trusted to be helping me get the best product.
    I tried to comunicate this directly to Eir and was treated to a series of fob off answers.
    I will not be a customer in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Oatmeal71

[font=Georgia, serif]DO NOT sign up with this company – Please read the reviews and take heed. I didn’t, thought how could they be that bad. I was wrong, they are getting worse.
    1. I didn’t have a landline, needed to get one connected. The appointment was made, no one told me. When I rang to check, I was told an email had been sent to confirm. Despite what the company say, it hadn’t. When I queried this, was told ‘ok, but it says here that the appointment was confirmed with you’.
    2. Line in, quite slipshod from KN also, but in place. Back to Eir to get connected and have been passed around from one department to another ever since. Was almost there at one stage, but told at the last minute I would need to contact Loyalty to complete. Got onto them, they hadn’t a clue what to do, and tried to charge me twice as much as the bundle I was trying to sign up for.
    3. Back to customer services, a couple of web chats with them, the transcripts are a joke – lots of ‘we understand your concern, we appreciate blah blah blah’ but no answer.
    4. was eventually told it was escalated, come back on Wednesday we will have a result. Went back on wednesday, was given a word for word regurgitation of the previous chat (where again I was told to come back wednesday) I pointed out that it was indeed Wednesday, got back ‘ we understand your frustration…..’
    5. Told the web chat person I wanted to cancel, she said ring 1901 press this and that. I DON’T HAVE A PHONE YOU IDIOTS!!!!![/font]

[font=Georgia, serif]Seems like a rant, believe me, I approached this with a sense of humour and the idea that it was a game to be played and I would eventually get connected. A total waste of six weeks.[/font]

[font=Georgia, serif]By the way, my first month’s bill arrived yesterday. What a complete shower of idiots. No staff training, no ability to deal with queries, a system that is incapable of keeping records ( except accounts apparently). Poor setup, unable to keep up with the demand of the public. Probably should have invested the 16 million on advertising in staff training instead.[/font]

Hi Oatmeal71

Sincere apologies we aim for a high level of care and we're so sorry to hear you are had this experience. Please feel free to PM me if there is anything I can assist you with.

Tony

mrbig wrote: »
    I Joined Eir in November , I signed up in a store , I find that I am €80 outside my plan because I make alot of calls to the UK , When I contacted Eir they told me I should have opted for a business plan, This was never offered to me int the store.
    I was given the run around and plenty of advice as to how it was my fault and I should go to the store for an argument.
    This is really shoddy , a buisness plan is available that would allow me to make UK calls but I had no way of knowing that this is now not availabe to me.
    This is what I get for trusting that your store agents would be honest with me.
    I was miss sold an unsuitabe product by an Eir Agent who I trusted to be helping me get the best product.
    I tried to comunicate this directly to Eir and was treated to a series of fob off answers.
    I will not be a customer in the future.
    Hi mrbig,

I'm afraid not all our stores would be able to offer eirmobile business plans and you would need to specify if you wanted to opt for a business mobile plan at point of sale however please feel free to let us know what store you signed up in and we will relay this feedback.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JoannaCz

Hi, I signed up with Eir recently, they promised I will be getting up to 24mb broadband. Then I was told that the line can only hold up to 5mb which is already a scam. Days later, I called to get the line removed as I was only interested in standalone broadband (a member of the care team promised I could do that). After ringing them again, I discovered I could hold the line and get broadband for €45 per month. I was told that the cooling off period was 14 days from the activation of the service, when I was told only yesterday the cooling off was from the date the service was ordered. 

Has anyone come through this? Every single one person from the customer service is saying different stuff. 

Anyone up for a group lawsuit? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

JoannaCz wrote: »
    Hi, I signed up with Eir recently, they promised I will be getting up to 24mb broadband. Then I was told that the line can only hold up to 5mb which is already a scam. Days later, I called to get the line removed as I was only interested in standalone broadband (a member of the care team promised I could do that). After ringing them again, I discovered I could hold the line and get broadband for €45 per month. I was told that the cooling off period was 14 days from the activation of the service, when I was told only yesterday the cooling off was from the date the service was ordered. 

Has anyone come through this? Every single one person from the customer service is saying different stuff. 

Anyone up for a group lawsuit? 
    Hi  JoannaCz,

The cooling off period would expire 14 days after activation of the service.
    I'm sorry you feel this way however speeds are not guaranteed and you will only receive the speeds your line is capable of.

-Pamela 

Update: Rang Eir some time ago to tell them  that I was cancelling my Direct Debit as nobody had gotten back to me, as promised, with regard to my query. Was told that there was a note on my account to say that the line speed isn't 100% guaranteed so the contract cannot be cancelled.  
    So basically its ok for EIR to quote line speed figures when completing a sale that are impossible to achieve .  There is a big difference between 15mbps and 40mbps.

All speeds are advertised and sold on the basis of 'up to' as per the eir terms and conditions MM2011.
    Unfortunately if your line is not capable of a certain speed you will be able to avail of it, i know this must be quite frustrating and I am very sorry we could not offer you better news. 

- Pamela  

• Advertisement

All speeds are advertised and sold on the basis of 'up to' as per the eir terms and conditions.
    Unfortunately if your line is not capable of a certain speed you will be able to avail of it, i know this must be quite frustrating and I am very sorry we could not offer you better news. 

- Pamela  

If that is you're sales policy then good luck to you but it's totally disingenuous to put out line speeds that are impossible to achieve in order to make a sale. The Eir rep knew my exact address before making the assertion and knew I was achieving over 40 mbps with my current provider. Totally unethical. And aside from terms and conditions were not supplied at any stage.

All speeds are advertised and sold on the basis of 'up to' as per the eir terms and conditions.

- Pamela  

If that is you're sales policy then good luck to you but it's totally disingenuous to put out line speeds that are impossible to achieve in order to make a sale. The Eir rep knew my exact address before making the assertion and knew I was achieving over 40 mbps with my current provider. Totally unethical. And aside from terms and conditions were not supplied at any stage.
    The same thing happened to me. I was told I will be using UP TO 24mb before and during sale, then I was told I could only get up to 5mb. It seems that all reps are misinforming potential customers only to sell certain service. The matter is going to be investigated by Comreg soon. 

- Pamela  

I'm sorry you feel this way however all packages are sold on the basis of 'up to' and this speed would not be guaranteed MM2011.

-Pamela 

- Pamela  

The same thing happened to me. I was told I will be using UP TO 24mb before and during sale, then I was told I could only get up to 5mb. It seems that all reps are misinforming potential customers only to sell certain service. The matter is going to be investigated by Comreg soon. 
    Hi JoannaCz,

The terms and conditions specifically show that speeds are on the basis of 'up to'. Follow here and view under Bandwidth the term 'up to' https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf

-Pamela 

I know what does up to mean. But why was I told I could get up to 24mb, and then up to 5? I rang today again, the broadband was supposed to go active today, but once again I was informed that it will be tomorrow. Basically the customer service people are saying all different things every time I call. This is not acceptable anymore.

Update in my case, broadband is "working". I was promised to get up to 5mb, rang tech support and it is up to 1mb. Is is more than funny now. Any ideas?

I know what does up to mean. But why was I told I could get up to 24mb, and then up to 5? I rang today again, the broadband was supposed to go active today, but once again I was informed that it will be tomorrow. Basically the customer service people are saying all different things every time I call. This is not acceptable anymore.
    You were told up to 24mb as we cannot guarantee this speed JoannaCz as speed capability will be determined on several factors such as line, location and number of devices connected to the wifi at one time.

Unfortunately customer care would be unable to troubleshoot this however technical should be able to offer you some clarification.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭widespread

Hi All, 

I would just like to say that EIR broadband is a complete sham. The managed to make my broadband slower. 3 weeks ago, I was rang by a eir sales rep wanting to know if he could do something with my bill. So he checked my line and said he could enable 9Mbps broad band. I was already with SKY and there service wasn't bad to be fair. But I said that I would go for the faster broadband and save myself 5 euro. 

Hey presto, the minute they turned on there broadband. It practically grinded to a halt. My kids were (9 and 6) even noticing it. So I contacted customer support and they just ask you to do speed tests, one even tired to convince me that  my laptop was an issue. 

So , the kind salesman left his phone number. So I rang it as he said if I had any problems just ring him. So sure enough I did. Only to be met with and I quote "Just to let you know I am answering this phone on a Saturday". He was happy enough to call to my house at 8 in the evening to get the sale. He also explained to me that without Eircom " There would be no broadband in this country". What he failed to realise was Sky were repackaging their product and making a better job of it. Now I'm told that the issue has been logged on some database waiting for someone who cannot be contacted to read it and "pass it on to the technical team". Who also apparently cannot be contacted by anyone. They only apparently communicate through this database. 

Well I have evidence that the line is capable of far more than they are providing as I had it with Sky. So I believe a call to COMREG is now on the cards. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

widespread wrote: »
    Hi All, 

I would just like to say that EIR broadband is a complete sham. The managed to make my broadband slower. 3 weeks ago, I was rang by a eir sales rep wanting to know if he could do something with my bill. So he checked my line and said he could enable 9Mbps broad band. I was already with SKY and there service wasn't bad to be fair. But I said that I would go for the faster broadband and save myself 5 euro. 

Hey presto, the minute they turned on there broadband. It practically grinded to a halt. My kids were (9 and 6) even noticing it. So I contacted customer support and they just ask you to do speed tests, one even tired to convince me that  my laptop was an issue. 

So , the kind salesman left his phone number. So I rang it as he said if I had any problems just ring him. So sure enough I did. Only to be met with and I quote "Just to let you know I am answering this phone on a Saturday". He was happy enough to call to my house at 8 in the evening to get the sale. He also explained to me that without Eircom " There would be no broadband in this country". What he failed to realise was Sky were repackaging their product and making a better job of it. Now I'm told that the issue has been logged on some database waiting for someone who cannot be contacted to read it and "pass it on to the technical team". Who also apparently cannot be contacted by anyone. They only apparently communicate through this database. 

Well I have evidence that the line is capable of far more than they are providing as I had it with Sky. So I believe a call to COMREG is now on the cards. 
    Hi widespread, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves and for the sales agent speaking to you in this manner. This is not our common practice. Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭widespread

widespread wrote: »
    Hi All, 

Hi widespread, 

I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves and for the sales agent speaking to you in this manner. This is not our common practice. Would you like to PM me your details and I'll look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, 

Thanks you for your kind offer but a neighbor was having similar difficulty and openair called to him today. While they were in the area they called to my house. I must say two very helpful technicians called and sorted out my broadband. 

Two very helpful individuals and I would like to say they were excellent and they had my problem sorted in about 20 minutes. 

Again thanks for the help and I now have my 9 mbps broadband in the house. 

Advertisement