Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vertically mounted cabinet with side-opening door?

Options
  • 31-12-2015 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

So this is the space available for comms, it is too narrow to fit a regular comms cabinet of 19". The dimensions are 750mm depth x 455mm width:

fuqal4.jpg

e0lxzr.jpg

It is to house a 24 port switch, a router, patch panel and later perhaps a smaller patch panel and a small switch. I was thinking of 4U or 5U. The remaining space will be used for NAS, satellite receiver, surround sound, games consoles, etc.

Due to the space restrictions I would like to mount a comms cabinet vertically, something perhaps like this:

4U 19" Network Cabinet Rack Wall Mounted 600*300mm Black Data Comms Patch Panel

$_12.JPG

The issue with this is that the door would open like a draw bridge, either from the bottom or top.

Are there comms cabinets that I could mount vertically and still have a side opening door? Would it be better just to mount the kit directly to the wall without the cabinet?

Comments

Advertisement