Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debian founder dies

Options
  • 31-12-2015 2:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭

Ian Murdock, the "Ian" in Debian has died. Cause of death inknown but he tweeted about being being arrested by police, being beaten, and alluded to committing suicide.

Facts are still thin on the ground.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I've seen a data dump of his final tweets prior to his death and if they are genuine, they're a bit creepy in a way if not a little bit unsettling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Itzy wrote: »
    I've seen a data dump of his final tweets prior to his death and if they are genuine, they're a bit creepy in a way if not a little bit unsettling.

Looks like he was being trolled as well. Though I hate speculating on stories like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Regardless cause, it was a sad event.

May he rest in peace now.

Advertisement