Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX 360 original 20gb to 320gb issues

Options
  • 31-12-2015 3:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Junior is complaining about the lack of storage with the 20 gb hard drive that came with his xbox 360, did a bit of googling, got a WD scorpio blue 320 gb "BEVT" drive that is on the list of compatible drives.

I used hddhackr and hddss320 to set it up, put it in the xbox, and formatted it, xbox sees it no problem, where the issue that's wrecking my head is trying to copy over his profile and game saves from the 20gb drive, when I use xplorer I get the "FATX" error.... ( I'm using a pc running win 7 64bit)

Head is wrecked, a lot of the google suggestions and fixes either don't work or make sense, anybody out there who can help?

Or could it be possible just to clone the drives with Ghost, acronis, clonezilla etc?

This is a stop gap to keep him quiet until I can get him an XBOX one for his birthday in a few months.....

Thanks

Should I have posted this in the Console Modding Thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

I can't help with the hard drive but you can connect a usb stick or external hard drive up to 2TB in size to the 360 if your low on space.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

I can't help with the hard drive but you can connect a usb stick or external hard drive up to 2TB in size to the 360 if your low on space.
    Thanks, will give that a go.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

skibum wrote: »
    Should I have posted this in the Console Modding Thread?

Hi Skibum, I can move this to the modding forum if you want, but to be honest feelgoodinc27 has probably answered the question with the best answer.

You can get a 2TB USB3 hard drive for about €80 or so (may be a little more), but once you eventually upgrade to an XBox One, you'll be able to use it for that as well.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hi Skibum, I can move this to the modding forum if you want, but to be honest feelgoodinc27 has probably answered the question with the best answer.

You can get a 2TB USB3 hard drive for about €80 or so (may be a little more), but once you eventually upgrade to an XBox One, you'll be able to use it for that as well.

Thanks for the advice, have a spare external drive, will dig it up and try it out later.

Connected up a 320gb external drive through the rear usb port, works perfect, Junior is happy :D

Thanks for the tip, will come here first in future for practical advise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement