Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SBR 2016 - The Spreadhseet awakens

Options
  • 31-12-2015 11:31am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As suggested in the discussion thread, there is interest in keeping the SBR spreadsheet going as is. We're also working on a monthly challenge to provide something a bit new as well.

so, here is the 2016 table. same as last year for now at least.

- the scoring
    Bronze targets: Swim 100km/Bike 2000km/Run 800km
    Silver targets: Swim 200km/Bike 4000km/Run 1600km
    Gold targets: Swim 400km/Bike 8000km/Run 3000km

For a Month its approx 1/12th of those
    Bronze targets: Swim 9km/Bike 137km/Run 67km
    Silver targets: Swim 17km/Bike 334km/Run 134km
    Gold targets: Swim 34km/Bike 667km/Run 250km

How it works

1) First enter your name on the overall sheet, then in the january sheet. Doesn't matter where you enter it on the monthly sheets, next available slot, even if not in the same order as the overall.I'll manually add them to the other sheets once we are up and running
    2) In the distance format column in the overall sheet only, enter k(default) or m(miles), depending on how you log your distances. There is no need to do it on the other sheets, it'll carry over automatically. if you chose m, in the detailed columns, enter the distances in m, they'll be converted to km in the totals column. Nothing else is entered in the overall sheet.
    3) You will have to fill in the detailed rows in each month, not the total columns. They should be locked. If you don't want to split them out, you can use a single detailed row for each discipline to log everything, so for instance put all the bike miles in the road column if you want
    4) The goal you enter in the Overall Sheet will automatically carry over to the months, but if you want you are free to overwrite any month with a specific goal for that month if you wish. For example you may be chasing a PB in a 10k/HM, so your focus for the month may change.
    5) For those that enter in Miles, your totals will stay in miles in the detailed breakdown columns, but will be converted to km in the totals columns in each month, and in the totals columns in the overall

The winner
    simple. biggest numbers of the year wins again. the monthly ranking should still keep it interesting across the year though

The spreadsheet is here: SBR 2016

Any issues just pop a reply in here

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I see a typo :)

Say's '2015' goal in the goal column.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

cheers. fixed. with no changes the 2015 table was just copied and emptied.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Kurt_Godel

Fair play mossy.

Especially useful in Jan, this table! It can kick start a training block and keep momentum going during these wet and cold months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Monthly goal seems to be locked Mossy, cheers for this, although I feel dirty being behind Catweazle on the bike total :eek::(

can you try it now G&R? should be okay.

as for being behind CW, i'll leave that up to you to remedy..:)

• Advertisement

Sorted, cheers

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

When you're behind me or CW on the bike, you know you're not doing enough cycling!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

A day where I thought the plan might be an easy pedal and catch up after xmas was wrecked when Pgibbo sees BTH ahead of him so a quick dig to catch up with him and then it ended up being 3 hours of pain with me clinging to their wheels fighting bonking while they had their easy chat and xmas catch up in front of me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

So you were drafting off them all the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

sconhome wrote: »
    So you were drafting off them all the way?

More or less * - but still better than sitting on your arse ;)

* I did put on a show powering up a hill just before getting to Eugenes turnoff but it was all bluster and bravado and I was finished for the rest of the way home after it - I fooled nobody!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

catweazle wrote: »
    More or less * - but still better than sitting on your arse ;)

* I did put on a show powering up a hill just before getting to Eugenes turnoff but it was all bluster and bravado and I was finished for the rest of the way home after it - I fooled nobody!

I wouldn't say that. We were with BTH for an hour or 1:15 max. The rest of the time was side by side as was some of the time with BTH. Don't be so hard on yourself!

Same again this Sunday? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

You were only with me for an hour and sure there's no shelter behind me anyway.

Have to spin on Saturday as Michelle in Sligo Saturday night, I'm on daddy duty Sunday, unless O or L wanna help us out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GoHardOrGoHome

I'm in! Though it will be just running for the moment. Can manage to get out for runs at night time but not for cycles and no turbo at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

January Results of the monthly SBR spin off challenge

21pts Neady
    13pts sconhome
    9pts shotgunmcos

Can you unlock the Feb goals please Mossy!

should be good to go now

Mossy, mistake with May, looks like its pulling in the name rather than the bike total

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Updated my totals there for the first time in a few months

sorry guys, was away all last week. are there still issues with the numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

This actually sounds like a cool thing, I'm a bit late but have my numbers in my own spreadsheet so I'll add them today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Perhaps time to unstick this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Perhaps time to unstick this?

:) Done. Hope all's well Mike

Advertisement