If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AV Receiver & Speaker Package Recommendation

Options
  • 31-12-2015 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi

I am looking to spend around £1000 on an AV receiver and 5.1 speaker package.

The room it will be in is fairly small so ideally I'd like speakers that are fairly compact. Preferably the AV receiver will be as future proof as possible. I've been looking at the Denon AVRX2200W and the Q Acoustics Q7000i.
    Would they be a good match? If so what is the best price you could do these for? 
    What other recommendations would you have?

Many thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

wallaby72 wrote: »
    Hi

I am looking to spend around £1000 on an AV receiver and 5.1 speaker package.

The room it will be in is fairly small so ideally I'd like speakers that are fairly compact. Preferably the AV receiver will be as future proof as possible. I've been looking at the Denon AVRX2200W and the Q Acoustics Q7000i.
    Would they be a good match? If so what is the best price you could do these for? 
    What other recommendations would you have?

Many thanks
    That AVRX2200 would be a super system - to be honest if you look at either the Yamaha RXV679 or the Denon AVRX2200, they are both pretty stunning.

The Q Acoustics Q7000 5.1 and Denon AVRX2200 are both already well reduced and the sale package price is £1028 - but we would just squeeze them in under the £1000 price point for you as a package - if you wanted to go for the RXV679 then we would go at £950 ( be careful tho' the Q7000 doesn't come including speaker cable so do budget for some decent speaker cable)

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭wallaby72

Thanks for the feedback. Is the Q7000i only available in black? I see on other sites it also comes in white.
    What speaker cable would you recommend for the Q7000? I'd need about 10m of it, I already have cable embedded in the walls for the rear speakers.

Thanks again

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

wallaby72 wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback. Is the Q7000i only available in black? I see on other sites it also comes in white.
    What speaker cable would you recommend for the Q7000? I'd need about 10m of it, I already have cable embedded in the walls for the rear speakers.

Thanks again
    Wallaby,

yep the Q Acoustics Q7000i 5.1 comes in either White or Black ( and so do the stands) - I've just spotted that the white version are not live on the www.richersounds.ie site but it will be live within the hour, apologies for that!

Q Acoustics recommend QED cable for the 7000's ( QED and Q Acoustics are actually the same company) - if you wanted to keep it neat, we can do the QED Micro https://www.richersounds.ie/p-11552-micro.aspx at £1.80/ per meter for you so just £18 for the 10Mtrs or if you wanted to keep the quality top notch we can do the QED Silver Anniversary XT https://www.richersounds.ie/p-100619-silver-anniversaryxt.aspx at £5.50 / meter = £55 for the 10 metres..

Thanks again and if you would like to order just drop us a line with your contact details to sales@richersounds.ie and we will give you a call to arrange delivery - everything is available from stock and of course we will do free delivery,

thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.