Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox live money worthless

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

How many times do I need to say I dont have a credit card !!!!!!!!

If you dont have anything constructive to add maybe you should not comment at all

Go find someone else to goad

Good luck & goodbye

I said you can use a debit card or PayPal. I'm not trying to goad you and have been entirely constructive. You just seem hell bent on moaning, blaming game for a matter entirely of your making and taking none of the entirely reasonable steps suggested. Good luck, I'm done here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

To be honest I asked for to be able to renew his live account ! Thats why I asked so I would not get the wrong thing

Anyway I dont have a credit card just my banklink card and will not be giving anyone that

So I guess enough said

If a mod could close this thread
    Thanks

I have a 1 month sub here, if your young fella could make use of it you are more than welcome to it, christmas and all that ;)

I understand where everyone is coming from on this thread, it appears to have been an error in communication, and i come across it in my line of work a lot. Important thing is don't get stressed up about it, the points are still useful, and we all make mistakes from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭amikoalien2

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I have a 1 month sub here, if your young fella could make use of it you are more than welcome to it, christmas and all that ;)

I understand where everyone is coming from on this thread, it appears to have been an error in communication, and i come across it in my line of work a lot. Important thing is don't get stressed up about it, the points are still useful, and we all make mistakes from time to time.

Thanks for you kind offer

Unfortunately for me I took the advice of some on here who suggested using my card

What a mistake

I set up a automatic renewal as suggested and they took another €60 euro from my bank and left me with the origional useless €60 still in credit

After I entered the details on the console it said you can use your existing funds to complete the purchase after you confirm purchase
    I selected confirm and it charged my card another 60 euro leaving me with €60 in credit

This is precicely why I did not want to use any kind of automatic debit to my bank card so Now im €120 in the red

Please see the attached transcript with microsoft

Thank you for patiently waiting J, I found out that the CSV is not applicable on purchasing a subscription that's why you did not see an option for your payment when you purchased the 12 month gold, You may only use the CSV on purchasing games, game and accessories and others. If you want a code for subscription you need to purchase a code for subscription. No worries, if you don't want your current subscription. We can cancel your 12 month Gold and process you a refund. Please let me know.
    Edward: I hope I didn’t lose you yet. Are we still connected?

Absolutly really peed off now
    Con after con I have now renewed his sub at a cost of €120 euro

What a joke

Thanks again foxer for you offer

Ive had enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Unfortunately for me I took the advice of some on here who suggested using my card

What a mistake

I set up a automatic renewal as suggested and they took another €60 euro from my bank and left me with the origional useless €60 still in credit

After I entered the details on the console it said you can use your existing funds to complete the purchase after you confirm purchase
    I selected confirm and it charged my card another 60 euro leaving me with €60 in credit

This is precicely why I did not want to use any kind of automatic debit to my bank card so Now im €120 in the red

Thank you for patiently waiting J, I found out that the CSV is not applicable on purchasing a subscription that's why you did not see an option for your payment when you purchased the 12 month gold, You may only use the CSV on purchasing games, game and accessories and others. If you want a code for subscription you need to purchase a code for subscription. No worries, if you don't want your current subscription. We can cancel your 12 month Gold and process you a refund. Please let me know.

What a joke

Ive had enough

Just to clarify, you set it up through the dashboard paying €60 for 12 months, but only once? And you also have €60 of funds with which to buy games etc?

I understand your frustrations, it can be a daunting task when one is not familiar with the way it works. Don't get downbeat, but do learn from the experience. To safeguard against any future issues, i would suggest setting yourself up with a PayPal acount- with this you can purchase Xbox Live from CD Keys, Kinguin, or whoever happens to have the cheapest sub (although only use trusted sites)

What you will want to do is turn off Auto-Renewal straight away, so that next January you don't get hit with any surprises. It will be difficult to remember this bit, so if you can set a reminder for the 31st December 2016 to help- i found that if i left my card details on and used a code to resub, i could not remove my card details- before you subscribe again next year, remove your card details from Xbox Live so there are no mistakes made in the future.

I know €120 is a fair whack of money, but try not to get too stressed about it- like i say, mistakes happen to the best of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

What a mistake

What a joke

Ive had enough

CSV used to be fine, but obviously I accept that it isn't for live subs any more.

However, good news for you - you now have a valid reason to go back to game and ball them out of it, as they sold you the credit incorrectly.

FYI you should have just not gone through with the sub when you couldn't select CSV, but no harm as MS support are very nice to deal with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement