If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony 55" 4K LED TV | KD55X8509CBU Stand

Options
  • 31-12-2015 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am very keen on picking up the Sony 55" 4K LED TV | KD55X8509CBU

But the stand seems very unstable and I've a 3 year old in the house that has a Bear Grills side to him.,

I have a glass top cabnet where the TV will sit and it site in a corner so no wall directly behind it.

Can you recommend any options to secure it from falling over - Is the stand stable from a 3 year old push?!

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Sticker, thanks for your post.
    The stands are designed to be relatively stable, but as with anything a good enough push will knock it over.
    With some models there is an option of screwing it to a wooden shelf/cabinet but obviously that's not an option on a glass cabinet
    The only really secure option would be to mount or secure it to a wall

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

sticker wrote: »
    Hi,

I am very keen on picking up the Sony 55" 4K LED TV | KD55X8509CBU

But the stand seems very unstable and I've a 3 year old in the house that has a Bear Grills side to him.,

I have a glass top cabnet where the TV will sit and it site in a corner so no wall directly behind it.

Can you recommend any options to secure it from falling over - Is the stand stable from a 3 year old push?!

Thanks!

Had the exact same challenge as you and went with a wall mount with an extendable arm mounted a few feet above the cabinet at eye level when viewing. Like most AV stuff I buy it was from RS and it's a great bit of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

MAJJ wrote: »

Had the exact same challenge as you and went with a wall mount with an extendable arm mounted a few feet above the cabinet at eye level when viewing. Like most AV stuff I buy it was from RS and it's a great bit of kit.

Would you mind sending me the links to the bits you used... and sorry for the cheeky question but could you pm me a pic of your setup?!

I love this TV bit I am very worried about my youngest son causing an accident!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

If it is going into a corner, presumably he can't push it back, you could screw a length of 4sq cable to the wall and to a mounting point on your telly so it can't come forward.. Not the prettiest, but the telly will block the cable and it should only be for another year or two..

Cheap and quick.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Sticker.

Really is a bit of a tricky one without fixing it directly to a wall or using a bracket.
    You can buy kits that secure it to the wall like Into The Blue mentions. I've seen this done in people homes to avoid the same problem.

Not something we stock any longer ourselves (We did many years ago have a version) but they are out there.

For a Swing arm bracket to fit have a look at the Sanus VLF311 coming in at 189.99 Euro
    http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-200138-vlf311.aspx?swapstore=1

The Sony 55X8509 really is a cracking TV.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.