Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Monitor with Sound, Video and Sensor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭bemak

I'm thinking of going for the nest webcam from google...... Has night vision and everything. Seems to have good reviews as a baby monitor too and when it's no longer needed is a great security camera. Can access it remotely with any smartphone too

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Would it not be a cause for paranoia?

Why is audio not enough for newborns? Their alarm system is fairly good - no noise, no problem; lots of noise, problem.

Unless there's a specific concern around your child, I wouldn't go to the expense because it's not going to create any peace of mind.

It has to be said, your baby will sleep so quietly and still that the only thing that would reassure you would be to wake baby up. You won't be doing that so you just have to live with a little bit of worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

I didn't like the idea of the mat as once the baby gets rolling they can roll off the sensor and the alarm goes off. Also the scare stories of babies gettign tangled in cables scared the bejaysus out of me. We got a Motorola sound and video monitor ( can't remember which one) and the snuza hero clip on nappy monitor. Worked really well in the car too which was a bonus as I was really nervous about car journeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Mac0783

We got the Motorola video one, and it's excellent. when the screen snoozes, when you press it again it shows you how the child has moved since the screen was last active so you know they're ok, if that makes sense, the volume is very sensitive so you can hear them breath / snore and the camera is very adjustable which is great.

Only downside, second baba on the way and we had to buy a second camera and unit you can't connect multiple cameras to the unit. I have read some people saying the sensor mat, makes them paranoid and is very scary when it goes off, most often for no reason but the baba moved.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-MBP36S-Digital-Video-Monitor/dp/B00K1BESC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451901401&sr=8-1&keywords=motorola+baby+monitor

this is our one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

We have a cheap ass aldi mania sound monitor which we use all the time. Then we have an ip camera with an app on our phone-only use this to check in if I hear him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

I just got audio and video as my baby is a serious wriggler and kicker. I knew the sensor mat would be a waste of money and probably give me panic attacks as soon as she was mobile enough she would be activating it so frequently. I think they're essential if your baby is diagnosed with sleep apnea or a similar disorder.

Advertisement