Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast in Waterford?

Options
  • 31-12-2015 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭

I've gone on a ridiculously expansive search of Waterford and beyond and I can't find a Chromecast. Basically I'm hoping to buy one before Monday, given the time of year I know that's gonna be difficult and probably rules out buying it online. I've tried PC World, DID and Kelly and Dollards and no luck in any of these. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

I've gone on a ridiculously expansive search of Waterford and beyond and I can't find a Chromecast. Basically I'm hoping to buy one before Monday, given the time of year I know that's gonna be difficult and probably rules out buying it online. I've tried PC World, DID and Kelly and Dollards and no luck in any of these. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

Maybe not much help but I seen the original Chromecasts in Tesco Ardkeen a few months back so they may still have them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Jambo wrote: »
    Maybe not much help but I seen the original Chromecasts in Tesco Ardkeen a few months back so they may still have them!

Definitely an option I'll check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Argos normally sell them

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

I got one in CEX in town.

Xyo wrote: »
    I got one in CEX in town.

I tried Argos but seemingly every Argos store in the country is sold out. Cex is a good shout, I'll try there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

would loading kodi onto whatever devices you currently have, get you out of a hole?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Got ours in tesco ardkeen a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Got ours in tesco ardkeen a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Did you try Harvey Norman?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    would loading kodi onto whatever devices you currently have, get you out of a hole?

I haven't tried that yet, could definitely be a last resort if needs be. Thanks.

• Advertisement

shockwave wrote: »
    Did you try Harvey Norman?

Not yet, I tried ringing but got no answer so that's a destination on Saturday.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions so far, much appreciated, I'll let you know how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

Like some of the other lads I've seen them in Tesco, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Buy a Amazon fire Stick use parcel motel to get it and side load Kodi to it and you be extremely happy with it like myself ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

PC World do have them big basket full just as you walk in got it for 39 euro

Faq wrote: »
    PC World do have them big basket full just as you walk in got it for 39 euro

Thanks mate but I just went there today and one of the salespeople told me they wouldn't have a new order till a couple of weeks. Basically I'm kicking myself that I didn't get one before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks mate but I just went there today and one of the salespeople told me they wouldn't have a new order till a couple of weeks. Basically I'm kicking myself that I didn't get one before Christmas.

If you ordered from Google Direct you would probably have it on Monday?

Fieldog wrote: »
    If you ordered from Google Direct you would probably have it on Monday?

Ye the only problem is the thing I want to watch is on at 7 am on Saturday. It's my fault for not getting it sooner, I'm just trying to save the situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Ye the only problem is the thing I want to watch is on at 7 am on Saturday. It's my fault for not getting it sooner, I'm just trying to save the situation.

What is it you want to watch?

What is it you want to watch?

Odd as it may sound it's a Japanese wrestling show, their biggest wrestling show of the year (thus the odd 7am start) and I'm supposed to be doing a review of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

watch on your laptop or just connect the latop to your tv with a hdmi cable?

Carphone warehouse sell Chromecast btw.

• Advertisement

Have a look on adverts and done deal for a 2nd hand one in Waterford. ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Odd as it may sound it's a Japanese wrestling show, their biggest wrestling show of the year (thus the odd 7am start) and I'm supposed to be doing a review of it.

Doest sound odd to me i watch a lot of mad stuff too :D

But im sure you can get it by other means,what channel is it on?,i have a Roku stick and could give you a loan of it if your stuck, would it be on that?

watch on your laptop or just connect the latop to your tv with a hdmi cable?

Carphone warehouse sell Chromecast btw.

I've previously watched shows on my laptop but that's on its last legs and can barely stream 2 minutes worth of stuff before buffering and freezing.

They are gonna be the first port of call tomorrow. I did try ringing Tesco this morning and all sold out, I'm also going to try ringing Harvey Norman when they open at 12. I did find a couple in CEX stores in Dublin so, at worst, I'll ask if they can reserve those and I'll take a trip to Dublin tomorrow.

Have a look on adverts and done deal for a 2nd hand one in Waterford. ...

Ye I gave that a go but the few that were on it have already had offers accepted. I'm cut off at every turn it seems.

Doest sound odd to me i watch a lot of mad stuff too :D

But im sure you can get it by other means,what channel is it on?,i have a Roku stick and could give you a loan of it if your stuck, would it be on that?

Thanks for the offer mate, it's very kind but streaming service (NJPW WORLD) doesn't have a Roku supported app, they've only recently made a Chromecast friendly app so I figure that's my best bet of watching it.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Carphone Warehouse should have loads of them.

pajero12 wrote: »
    Carphone Warehouse should have loads of them.

I'm really holding out hope that that's the case but it's not open today so I'll be left sweating for the rest of the day.

Ye I gave that a go but the few that were on it have already had offers accepted. I'm cut off at every turn it seems.

Ask are they still for sale you should know them sites are home of the time wasters. Plenty of times I have takeing offers of people for them to never show ha ha.

There is no harm in makeing a few offers yourself

Ask are they still for sale you should know them sites are home of the time wasters. Plenty of times I have takeing offers of people for them to never show ha ha.

There is no harm in makeing a few offers yourself

Sure I'll give it a go, no harm if I'm told no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Hey, not sure if this would work for you. Harvey Norman have cables from your phone to tv to play apps on tv. Very handy. Dad uses it with S3 streaming showbox and apps. It was 25euro. Hope ya get sorted

Advertisement