Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast in Waterford?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Michelle_b wrote: »
    Hey, not sure if this would work for you. Harvey Norman have cables from your phone to tv to play apps on tv. Very handy. Dad uses it with S3 streaming showbox and apps. It was 25euro. Hope ya get sorted

That could definitely be worth checking out, it'll be something I ask about when I go on this search tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

If you have an android tablet you could use Mobdro to stream it on your tablet. Not ideal if you need to get up close to the action for a review but might get you out of a hole.

If you need any info on installing such things drop me a PM as it's against the charter to discuss on here. App isn't in the play store.

lassykk wrote: »
    If you have an android tablet you could use Mobdro to stream it on your tablet. Not ideal if you need to get up close to the action for a review but might get you out of a hole.

If you need any info on installing such things drop me a PM as it's against the charter to discuss on here. App isn't in the play store.

A kind of worse case scenario is streaming it on my phone, but it's a 5 hour event and so streaming it on the phone really isn't ideal. Times like this, a tablet wouldn't be such a bad thing to have.

I just want to give an update because everyone has been very kind, helpful and creative with their suggestions and honestly I appreciate all of the feedback and advice from everyone, so I did inquire about a Chromecast which I saw available in Dublin but which had previous bids on it, I made an offer and, after speaking to the owner of the item, he still has it and is willing to sell it to me tomorrow, he's even kindly agreed to meet me at Adamstown station. So tomorrow I'm going to get the train to Newbridge, hop off and then jump on a commuter train to Adamstown and, hopefully, bring an end to this journey. If anyone has an idea of how much this journey will cost (taking into account that I am a student) that'd be brilliant because I can't find student rates for the journey to Newbridge or any rates at all for the journey from Newbridge to Adamstown.

That is an amazing commitment to watch wrestling :D

The return fare to Newbridge is €22 online. If you do a search for Waterford to Newbridge return, select your times and then down the bottom of the screen you can select student instead of standard fare. It would be about €30 if not a student

It is amazingly difficult to find the fare from Newbridge to Adamstown but a student return to Dublin from Newbridge is €15.80 so should be a few quid cheaper than that

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

Haha my commitment to pro wrestling could never be called into question. If it wasn't the biggest show of the year I'd just order a Chromecast online and watch the show through video on demand some other time but because it's their biggest show of the year it has to be seen live cos I'm guaranteed to get spoilers otherwise.

That's not too bad I guess, and sure I do enjoy the trains so I suppose that's a bit of a silver lining in all of this.

I just have to hope that flooding on the line doesn't put a stop to this plan, but that would genuinely just be the worst luck.

Thanks for the help with the prices too.

Haha my commitment to pro wrestling could never be called into question. If it wasn't the biggest show of the year I'd just order a Chromecast online and watch the show through video on demand some other time but because it's their biggest show of the year it has to be seen live cos I'm guaranteed to get spoilers otherwise.

That's not too bad I guess, and sure I do enjoy the trains so I suppose that's a bit of a silver lining in all of this.

I just have to hope that flooding on the line doesn't put a stop to this plan, but that would genuinely just be the worst luck.

Thanks for the help with the prices too.

Apart from the soccer forum we clearly don't run in the same circles as I can honestly say I could go a long time and never get a spoiler about Japanese wrestling ;)

The odd WWE show is about as far as my wrestling interest stretches to these days (had to check to make sure we were talking about the same wrestling!)

Best of luck tomorrow!

This post has been deleted.

Hahaha thing is, my friends also have zero interest in Japanese wrestling (2 of them did go with me to London for a show they did in Reading, though I suspect they went mainly to see London and for the drinks) but it's my Twitter and Facebook feeds that'll be buzzing like crazy on Monday.

Ah I'd watch the odd bit of WWE too, it's so accessible, none of this crazy hunting for Chromecasts on New Years Day stuff.

Thanks mate, I'll be keeping the fingers crossed from now till when I get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Smart TVs are the same thing so if u have the money u should buy one (Samsung are the best smart TV and LG are the best 3d tvs)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Currys in Jervis Street have it in stock too just in case. You can reserve it online. Glad your almost sorted. Nothing so annoying as last min trying find something

• Advertisement

Michelle_b wrote: »
    Currys in Jervis Street have it in stock too just in case. You can reserve it online. Glad your almost sorted. Nothing so annoying as last min trying find something

That's brilliant, if it doesn't work out with the other one it's great to have one there just in case, the main thing is I don't come home tomorrow empty handed haha, honestly I can't wait for the ordeal to be over. Thanks for the help.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Smart TVs are the same thing so if u have the money u should buy one (Samsung are the best smart TV and LG are the best 3d tvs)

Ye I've got one the only thing is that the app isn't supported on its platform unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

I've gone on a ridiculously expansive search of Waterford and beyond and I can't find a Chromecast. Basically I'm hoping to buy one before Monday, given the time of year I know that's gonna be difficult and probably rules out buying it online. I've tried PC World, DID and Kelly and Dollards and no luck in any of these. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated.
    I bought one in PcWorld Wednesday afternoon just gone. They had loads in a big basket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Having a look at the currys site waterford PCWorld has the Chromecast in stock go there 1st thing in the morning saves you a trip up.

Having a look at the currys site waterford PCWorld has the Chromecast in stock go there 1st thing in the morning saves you a trip up.

Oh really?I'm gonna give that and Carphone Warehouse a go at like 9. It's gonna be a seriously hectic day.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,348 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ye I've got one the only thing is that the app isn't supported on its platform unfortunately.

Yeah the same with mine. I use the wwe network but it's broke down on LG tvs but I have it on a PS4 (the app version is crap) and a Samsung blu ray player. That thing modbro is only supported on chromecast

The adventure has come to an end. I was all ready this morning to go to Dublin, but first I took the advice of the Board and went to Carphone Warehouse and indeed they do have many Chromecasts and I stand here now with one in my hand, victorious! I said it yesterday but I'll say it again, thanks everyone, it wouldn't have happened without you guys.

Advertisement