If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks

Options
  • 31-12-2015 6:49pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Dear Boardies,

I wanted to take the opportunity to write and thank you for your continued support.

Whilst competition is as fierce as ever, I am delighted to report – even though we're supposed to be dinosaurs because we operate real shops – that we continue to thrive by offering our good old-fashioned face-to-face service and product knowledge.

2015 has certainly been eventful…

This year we have started to upgrade and improve our online presence and in the 1st half of 2016 we will enhance and overhaul our website at www.richersounds.ie to encompass mobile functionality and offer our Boardie and VIP Customers an exclusive and dedicated online shopping experience.

We also have been trying to get closer than ever to our customers by integrating Home Visit Experts into our in-store team. With these, we can now visit your home or place of business to recommend the perfect audio-visual system or solution – and, what’s more, this service is completely free as long as you live within 10 miles of a store- this has already been rolled out in our Belfast store but we hope to also commence this service, initially in the Leinster region in early 2016.

On the product front, high resolution and streamed Smart content has been hugely popular, with OLED, SUHD and Quantum Dot technology from TV manufacturers providing better picture quality than ever. Most models feature built-in on-demand platforms, such as Netflix to help you get even more viewing choice.

On the audio side of our business, we have seen a surge in hi-fi popularity. Leading manufacturers such as Cambridge, Sony and Yamaha have also brought out new high res streaming models, while Sonos, Denon Heos and Samsung brought out exciting new multiroom solutions. The massive growth in turntable sales continues to surprise us too.

This year was also capped off by Richer Sounds winning the Which? Retailer of the Year 2015 (of any kind). We’re tremendously proud of this award, and would like to thank everyone who voted for us.

Thanks again for all the support, posts, PM's,emails and phonecalls over the last year ( and of course since 1993 when we first opened in Ireland) I know I say it occassionally but all the posts, mails and of course business is really appreciated - we are still a relatively small independent retailer and I really do acknowledge and appreciate that each one of you could just purchase from an online giant or electrical shed but you take the time and effort to seek us out and give myself, Kenny, Ursula and the rest of the RS Ireland team the opportunity to continue to grow and thrive.

Very best wishes for a happy and healthy new year from John Mc, Ursula, Kenny, David, Brian ,Stephen, George, Michaels ( * 2) , Francis, Jamie and John A.

ATVB,

JohnMc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.