Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Groupon Getaways/Deluxe Breaks

Options
  • 31-12-2015 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

For anyone that sees a deal on Groupon for getaways outside Ireland with flights and hotel. Don't do it. For a 2 night stay in Paris with Disneyland day ticket and accommodation it it was 209pp which is grand. But when I called Deluxe Breaks to confirm the flight times they told me the flights were arriving at 10.30pm on a Saturday night without transfers so probably checking in to the room by midnight. Then the flight home offered was 9.45am Monday morning. So really you're getting 1 day in Paris. I was then offered better flight times for Sat morning depart and 10pm coming home Monday night, but for an extra 60 euro each.
    The flights are with Ryanair and when i checked Ryanairs website, the better option of flights are actually cheaper by 13 euro each. It's an absolute joke of a "Deal". I'v checked it out booking it all myself and it works out cheaper to do it yourself.

This was a Christmas present so i couldn't just tell my girlfriend to send it back.

Best just to stay away from these "Deals" as they're in no way a deal. <SNIP>.

Dylan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

dylano_k wrote: »
    For anyone that sees a deal on Groupon for getaways outside Ireland with flights and hotel. Don't do it.

FYP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

I've had a few good experiences, but a few bad ones too. With the hotel deals , you will never get their best rooms but generally ok. As for restaurant deals, good luck at getting a reservation for any reasonable day/time you want. Always 'booked out, sorry'. I've stopped getting the e-mails

Advertisement