Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone 5 stolen nightmare today

• 31-12-2015 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

On the 2nd August 2015 I bought an iPhone 5 of DD / Adverts the user is on both.

I got home and phone is iCloud locked 😠😠😠

I checked with local Gardai Stations and they said phone was not stolen etc, I then called ðŸ who said I needed a copy of original purchase docket to unlock it as the seller won't do it. I then chased up all the phone stores and no joy only to learn that it was a replacement phone. I eventually got the care sheet and contacted the person who signed for the replacement via UPS over Facebook in October. This person never replied and blocked me... Wtf

Today I was contacted by a Guard in Dublin and asked to come in with the phone. It turns out that this day last year the person I bought the phone off stole the girls handbag in a nightclub and she did report the phone stolen but could not remember the IMEI supposedly.

So great start to the New Year.... Down 175 and a phone....

I just hope the girls story is true and it's not the sellers girlfriend.... Although I did give a full statement

Reddevilfan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭zzantara

I'm not an expert on phone prices but €175 for an iPhone 5 seems suspiciously cheap ???.
    How much was a New iPhone 5 at the time ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

zzantara wrote: »
    I'm not an expert on phone prices but €175 for an iPhone 5 seems suspiciously cheap ???.

Rule no1 don't ever buy 2nd hand iPhone cos 9/10 times it will be a bill phone that is bout to be cut off or will be icloud locked.if it seems too good to be true it usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭reddevilfan

zzantara wrote: »

Their was lots of iPhone 5 up for sale from 150 to 250 etc... The price was 180 on add.

The Gardai have his name etc and will be paying him a visit soon I was told

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Rule no1 don't ever buy 2nd hand iPhone cos 9/10 times it will be a bill phone that is bout to be cut off or will be icloud locked.if it seems too good to be true it usually is.

Rule No. 1.
    Buy second hand from a trusted seller on adverts.ie
    I have never bought anything like this from anywhere else and sell all of my phones on adverts when I upgrade.

Check the sellers history and feedback always.
    Anyway, back then €175 for an iPhone 5 was too good to be true cheap, in fact it still is now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Please send am email with the details to support@adverts.ie and follow through with the guards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Crap Rule / advice. Do your homework; only buy off trusted sources and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Ignore this nonsense. This person has no idea what they're talking about. I've bought and sold many second hand iPhones on adverts.ie.

Anyone buying a used iPhone must make sure that iCloud is removed.

175 is also the going rate for an iPhone that will discontinued later this year.

Advertisement