Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If there was a recording of the worst things you did/said?

• 31-12-2015 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭

If there was a recording of the worst things you said about people, muttered under your breath, gossiped behind their backs or things you got up to when you had a few drinks too many, would your family/friends/colleagues still talk to you?
    In my case, I think they would be shocked at some of my language when watching sports events and probably shocked at a few other things also, some colleagues might not talk to me again but I think the rest would get over it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

My friends and family, they know I'm not without my flaws. I have said some terrible things I'm not proud of, but I know the family members I'm close to and my close friends would still talk to me. Mostly because I've probably told them.

I've never really said anything really bad about people I love behind their back anyway.

Colleagues, meh. The ones I'm friends with yeah, the ones I'm not, who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

blackcard wrote:
    If there was a recording of the worst things you said about people, muttered under your breath, gossiped behind their backs or things you got up to when you had a few drinks too many, would your family/friends/colleagues still talk to you?

A few close friends would know 99% of what I've done so would be fine. I'd imagine there would be quite a few family and friends that would be a little shocked and probably disown me. I was always a fairly quiet lad growing up so they wouldn't be expecting it.

Everyone says things they instantly wish they could take back, luckily I haven't felt that way much. I don't think I'd be too much of a shock to anyone, though I think some people I went to school with were unaware of how much I disliked them.

I don't like people who inject themselves into situations and talk about people or situations they're not a part of or know all sides of a story, so I try practice what I preach and not be that person myself.

If you've nothing good to say, say nuthin' etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I drive a lot of the time on my own, If anyone heard the rants and raves of me when I cruising down the highways of Europe, they would kill me, a few of you here have even got it, ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

realies wrote: »
    I drive a lot of the time on my own, If anyone heard the rants and raves of me when I cruising down the highways of Europe, they would kill me, a few of you here have even got it, ha

I think I'd have known if I got it! I most certainly didn't!

Haven't got IT in a while. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭blackcard

realies wrote: »

I think that a vehicle is a great place to let off a bit of steam, no one can hear you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

blackcard wrote: »
    I think that a vehicle is a great place to let off a bit of steam, no one can hear you

Or in Space.

Advertisement