Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye protection Football / Hurling

Options
  • 31-12-2015 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hey folks,

I am planning to start playing football this year 2016 as a beginner adult and was put off last year by the need to wear contact lenses which I simply cannot get in the eyes!

I wonder, does anyone know the GAA stance on sports glasses or goggles for adults in football and/or hurling?

Do you know where I might find suitable goggles in Dublin or online?

I doubt they look particularly cool but why the hell not for the sake of fitness!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

I couldnt see a problem with hurling as you need to wear a helmet. Football though, I don't know - my inclination is that there might be an insurance issue, where the risk of you getting injured from the googles, say for instance from a shoulder to the head. Best thing might be to contact the GAA directly for advice.

Advertisement