Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Build ~€650

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Just been shipped. Tracking says I should expect it to arrive on Wednesday. Happy days :)

Just received it :) Arrived at almost exactly 6PM, thought it wasn't gonna come today.

122nlhz.jpg

33nxqix.jpg

nfqhwh.jpg

15ow3yu.jpg

Have to go out to watch the footie in a bit, might just leave the assembly for tomorrow. Probably won't have the motivation for it later when I get home after we get hammered by the Pool :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

Hard drives are bieng shipped in bags now?
    Oh.

Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    Hard drives are bieng shipped in bags now?
    Oh.

Yeah it came in that bag, plus a generous wrapping of bubble wrap. PSU too came without a box, again with just some bubblewrap.

I've assembled it outside the case just to see if everything's working, and thankfully everything seems to be.

23h9i01.jpg

nfo36p.jpg

11aaamx.jpg

Had a fright, when it wouldn't POST at first. All the fans would turn on but nothing showed up on the screen. Turns out I just forgot to plug in the 4 pin/8 pin CPU power connector :pac:

Processor, mobo, RAM, GPU, SSD, and PSU seem to be all working great. Only one I haven't plugged in to test is the HDD. I'll probably leave the rest till tomorrow though. Would it be fine just to leave it as it is sitting in the open until I have the time to put everything together in the case tomorrow ?

• Advertisement

Have it in the case now and setup in my room. It's whisper quiet when not gaming, sometimes I think the PC has gone to sleep because of it. Played a bit of Shadow of Mordor on Ultra and it's still barely audible. Don't think the GPU fans go up past 30% even when gaming. My old PC was starting to sound like a plane taking off when gaming :pac:

Defo very pleased with it, thanks for the help lads :)

Advertisement