Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot dog stand!

Options
  • 31-12-2015 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm looking into buying a hot dog cart to sell hotdogs at Carboot sales over the summer.

Just wondering has anyone here done it. does it need to be checked by HSE? Do I need a casual trading licence?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Feckthis wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I'm looking into buying a hot dog cart to sell hotdogs at Carboot sales over the summer.

Just wondering has anyone here done it. does it need to be checked by HSE? Do I need a casual trading licence?
    thanks.
    Your while operation needs to be licensed, verified, and inspected by your area EHO (environmental health officer). You won't need a casual trading license if you're in a market, only if you set up in a random spot

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Joshua5

duploelabs wrote: »
    Your while operation needs to be licensed, verified, and inspected by your area EHO (environmental health officer). You won't need a casual trading license if you're in a market, only if you set up in a random spot

I was curious about this also. The market is fine but the setting up in a random spot... How does that work? Can you actually get a casual trading license and just pop up in a town on a friday and sat night to get business from all the hungry drunks ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Joshua5 wrote: »
    I was curious about this also. The market is fine but the setting up in a random spot... How does that work? Can you actually get a casual trading license and just pop up in a town on a friday and sat night to get business from all the hungry drunks ;-)

You need a casual trading license from the council

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

Joshua5 wrote: »

As above, you will need a licence and that will be difficult to get. Places alrady selling food will object and the council will charge handsomely even if they do grant it.

There's a huge amount of regulation in the food industry and I'd advise you to check all of this before buying anything.

You will need to implement haccp guidelines, have full insurance and adhere to all food regulations. All of these are there to protect your customers and in turn protect you.

Advertisement