Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munich "imminent terrorist attack"

• 31-12-2015 11:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

Sky reporting train stations closed across Munich due to imminent terror threat..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

about to happen:
    "they were in imminent danger of being swept away"

synonyms: impending · close (at hand) · near · (fast) approaching ·
    [more]

Hope not.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

BOLLIX

Police in the German city of Munich have warned of a planned terror attack and have asked people to avoid crowds.

The police tweeted that the city's main station and Pasing station had been evacuated and said trains were no longer stopping there.

In a Facebook post, authorities said they had "serious information" that the attack had been planned for New Year's Eve. They gave no further details.

Cities across Europe are already on a heightened state of alert.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35208669

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

realies wrote: »
    about to happen:
    "they were in imminent danger of being swept away"

synonyms: impending · close (at hand) · near · (fast) approaching ·
    [more]

Hope not.

Thought the use of the word imminent was strong alright but the police in Munich used Facebook to send a mass message out using that word themselves.

Hopefully an oversight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ffs, can a man not go for a few pints in peace.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭2forjoy

Got help whoever is first in the firing line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭bigroad

Belguim now Germany where next.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

bigroad wrote: »

Belgium what? Germany what?

Let them reveal the exact threat or GTFO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭flutered

2forjoy wrote: »
    Got help whoever is first in the firing line

should that be allah

• Advertisement

UK,Spain,Holland,Portugal,Ireland who knows really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Hopefully it's a false alarm. Like something out of Homeland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Corpus Twisty

Imaginary ville - The threat is "imminent" and everyone has been asked to remain indoors. Load of me bollix tbh. Fear-mongering and sh1ttery at its finest. "We have been informed of a threat, and have decided to use FB to spread the word...". Go ask me hoop. "Let's stir it up for the craic, then let in a load more migrants and see how the plebs react".

Fcuk off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Laugh at me if you want :o
    But when whatsapp went down earlier I was thinking that it may be shut down to terrorist attack. It was only effecting europe. Sure even ISIS used twitter before to communicate and phone networks can easily be monitored.

Alot of talk during the week about an attack on europe. Lets hope I am being a crazy nut :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

RiseToMe wrote: »
    Sky reporting train stations closed across Munich due to imminent terror threat..

Sure it's not a repeat of Homeland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

"According to SZ information, police expects a group of terrorists, similar to the Paris attacks. Due to the evacuation of the threatened stations, the terrorists could have chosen different targets. Therefore, large crowds should be avoided."

It's a bit late to tell people to avoid large crowds when it's already late in the evening and people are out in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Going to be some very worried faces right now with all the fireworks going off!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Belgium, now Germany, where next?
    leavingirl wrote: »
    Belgium what? Germany what?

*I think*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

But when whatsapp went down earlier I was thinking that it may be shut down to terrorist attack. It was only effecting europe. Sure even ISIS used twitter before to communicate and phone networks can easily be monitored.

Alot of talk during the week about an attack on europe. Lets hope I am being a crazy nut :pac:

It wasn't only affecting Europe. I couldn't connect to whatsapp earlier and I'm in the U.S.

That thought did cross my mind though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Checking Twitter and periscope. Only rumors and rehash of police statement.

• Advertisement

You are.

Breath deeply. Help is on its way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Did the police use the word "Imminent"? I'm seeing "current indications"

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭2forjoy

Collie D wrote: »
    Did the police use the word "Imminent"? I'm seeing "current indications"

well the media are using the word '' imminent ''

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Kay Burley trying to conduct an interview with a German journalist and he is having trouble hearing due to the speaker she is standing near

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Flicked over to Sky News to see how that hotel was getting on, they're really hyping the Munich thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Malcolm600f

People just living in fear anywhere in any major city in the world tonight is going to be on alert ..England , America , Germany , Belgium , France. Any one of them is a high risk target tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

At home sick so turned on sky.

Forgot how much i hate kay burley...
    She looks coked off her tits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Imaginary ville - The threat is "imminent" and everyone has been asked to remain indoors. Load of me bollix tbh. Fear-mongering and sh1ttery at its finest. "We have been informed of a threat, and have decided to use FB to spread the word...". Go ask me hoop. "Let's stir it up for the craic, then let in a load more migrants and see how the plebs react".

Fcuk off.

If they say nothing and an attack happens...

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Very late to announce this

• Advertisement

Police say two concrete tip offs. Some say French indicated imminent attack.

2forjoy wrote: »
    well the media are using the word '' imminent ''

Media appear to be saying that police have used the word imminent in their warnings on Facebook, however I'm not on Facebook so personally no idea.

K-9 wrote: »
    If they say nothing and an attack happens...

Sh1t happens. They're stirring the pot. "ohh, be afraid! Everyone stay in!"..yeah, 'cos the shops are shut..let's see them issue a warning on black friday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Police say two concrete tip offs. Some say French indicated imminent attack.

Concrete tip offs?

Stay away from anything concrete then.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

The religion of peace.

Kay Burley trying to conduct an interview with a German journalist and he is having trouble hearing due to the speaker she is standing near

She seems seriously aggrieved that people have the audacity to play music and sing on NYE. I expect a "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?!" outburst is "imminent". She always comes across as the type to berate her crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Sh1t happens. They're stirring the pot. "ohh, be afraid! Everyone stay in!"..yeah, 'cos the shops are shut..let's see them issue a warning on black friday..

Can your personal intelligence agency forward the findings they give to you on to me?

I assume you have highly trained and experienced intelligence personnel giving you this information.

I'd imagine New Year's Eve is worth a bit to the economy too. You seem to have a problem with this warning. I doubt they'd want to cause needless panic on a night like tonight when everywhere is packed.

K-9 wrote: »
    Concrete tip offs?

Stay away from anything concrete then.

New Year resolution for you: Give up trying to be funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

retalivity wrote: »
    At home sick so turned on sky.

Forgot how much i hate kay burley...
    She looks coked off her tits

You wouldn't mind so much if they were even nice tits.

Crowd is getting rowdy with Burley

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I bet she is a demon in bed and very demanding out of it.

As for ISIL/ISIS/IS/Daesh meh, they do what they do or don't do. I refuse to be dictated to by their whims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Fireworks or gunfire
    Fireworks or gunfire
    FIreworks or gunfire

I bet she is a demon in bed and very demanding out of it.

As for ISIL/ISIS/IS/Daesh meh, they do what they do or don't do. I refuse to be dictated to by their whims.

Only in After Hours would you see these two statements in one post

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

SKY news notice dip in viewers on NYE and hype everything. Twice this year my OH got her sky app telling her off terrorist activity. One was a plane diverted due to an issue with a pregnant passenger and the other was a safety precaution for a mechanical warning. All info from the plane and airport was clear about this but somehow SKY made them into terrorist stories.

Not saying they are wrong just that more reliable sources are needed than SKY news.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Very late to announce this

Did they know earlier and decide to announce it at the last minute?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Surely we haven't been lied to about this "imminent terrorist attack"? This has never happened before. Ever. Like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

This threat has been brought to you by Home Brew.

Can your personal intelligence agency forward the findings they give to you on to me?

I assume you have highly trained and experienced intelligence personnel giving you this information.
    Collie D wrote: »
    I'd imagine New Year's Eve is worth a bit to the economy too. You seem to have a problem with this warning. I doubt they'd want to cause needless panic on a night like tonight when everywhere is packed.

Lol. Jog on boys. Ye head down to your bunkers. I'll hang back and tell ye when the coast is clear. No peeking now.

Peter having problems with his ear piece

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Peter having problems with his ear piece

Doesn't want to hear her.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement