Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Munich "imminent terrorist attack"

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

As for ISIL/ISIS/IS/Daesh meh, they do what they do or don't do. I refuse to be dictated to by their whims.

I'm bad enough being dictated by my whims,right now they tell me to drink more nice cold beer.That's what's wrong with those fukcers,they need a good session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Lol. Jog on boys. Ye head down to your bunkers. I'll hang back and tell ye when the coast is clear. No peeking now.

What's your issue exactly? I'll take the word of the police over some bizarre conspiracy theory. Whether the info they have is correct or not I doubt they're making it up for "the craic" as you put it earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Lol. Jog on boys. Ye head down to your bunkers. I'll hang back and tell ye when the coast is clear. No peeking now.

I bet you'd have head out on the lash in Paris as soon as you heard **** was going down.

You're a full time mad bastard like that.

I bet if there was a warning on your street you'd be keeping your head down and eyes on the telly.

-.-""

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

CramCycle wrote: »
    SKY news notice dip in viewers on NYE and hype everything. Twice this year my OH got her sky app telling her off terrorist activity. One was a plane diverted due to an issue with a pregnant passenger and the other was a safety precaution for a mechanical warning. All info from the plane and airport was clear about this but somehow SKY made them into terrorist stories.

Not saying they are wrong just that more reliable sources are needed than SKY news.

Sky is the UK version of Fox news they love a good war the cnuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

If that's the german police I would hate to have a run in with the army

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sky should leave it off air unless something happens, talk about killing the buzz, no need for it unless something happens.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

I bet you'd have head out on the lash in Paris as soon as you heard **** was going down.

I bet if there was a warning on your street you'd be keeping your head down and eyes on the telly.

-.-""
    Oh yeah, let's all believe Sky News now. Gerrowraffit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Collie D wrote: »
    Only in After Hours would you see these two statements in one post

In fairness he is right, well on the going on about your business part.

Old timers like me and Harry were about in times bomb threats, hoaxes, shootings and murders was everyday news and just part of life.

Easy for us to forget a whole generation grew up without them.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Corpus Twisty

-.-""
    Make sense Sunny. The whole of Europe is in "imminent" danger of being attacked. Imminently. Yes. Honest. I also have some beans you can buy - they're magic and grow into a huge beanstalk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

CramCycle wrote: »
    SKY news notice dip in viewers on NYE and hype everything. Twice this year my OH got her sky app telling her off terrorist activity. One was a plane diverted due to an issue with a pregnant passenger and the other was a safety precaution for a mechanical warning. All info from the plane and airport was clear about this but somehow SKY made them into terrorist stories.

Not saying they are wrong just that more reliable sources are needed than SKY news.

I would link to Facebook but I don't use it, I would usually take Sky news with a very large pinch of salt but as the sky source is the German police I would say some concern is warranted.

K-9 wrote: »

Old timers like me and Harry were about in times bomb threats, hoaxes, shootings and murders was everyday news and just part of life.

This isn't a "bomb threat" though in any traditional sense. No warning or threat has been relayed to the media or police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What's this old timers like me and Harry business? :D:p

I've got my heated blanket on and will be retiring to bed soon

They frighting thing is that something could actually happen while we watch live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Make sense Sunny. The whole of Europe is in "imminent" danger of being attacked. Imminently. Yes. Honest. I also have some beans you can buy - they're magic and grow into a huge beanstalk.

They don't close major rail stations for the lolz. Some of the replies here tonight trying to second guess the responsible authorities are idiotically dismissive. I'll be charitable and put them down to people being on the lash all day.

Oh I agree. I just thought it was a funny juxtaposition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

It sounds more like credible intelligence came in at the last moment and without enough time to find out exactly where it was, they put out the warning rather than risk something happening. I highly doubt the police would cause utter chaos in Munich on New Year's Eve for the lol. It'll cost them millions.

Fleawuss wrote: »
    They don't close major rail stations for the lolz. Some of the replies here tonight trying to second guess the responsible authorities are idiotically dismissive. I'll be charitable and put them down to people being on the lash all day.
    And you're the sober voice of reason.
    Yeah. Got it.
    Maybe some people are just "idiotically" gullible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ixus

Laugh at me if you want :o
    But when whatsapp went down earlier I was thinking that it may be shut down to terrorist attack. It was only effecting europe. Sure even ISIS used twitter before to communicate and phone networks can easily be monitored.

Alot of talk during the week about an attack on europe. Lets hope I am being a crazy nut :pac:

Bbc was also taken down. CNN and gawker just gone off line.

Connection to events likely thin. I would certainly pay attention to German police.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    This isn't a "bomb threat" though in any traditional sense. No warning or threat has been relayed to the media or police.

They aren't gentlemanly like that all right, so how do you warn the public if you've intelligence to suggest an attack?

99/100 probably will be hoaxes or them being too cautious, but the authorities can't take the risk.

If it is a 1% chance, human nature, we'll just assume it is another fire alarm.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Sadly, allowing tons of people who have no connection with, or respect for, your culture in because your economy needs the cheap labour is destined to end in tears.

Allowing 1 million foreigners into your country in a single year, as Germany has done this year alone, is a recipe for inspiring resentment from poor Germans who will be undercut by the new arrivals. Easy for rich, educated Germans to be "liberal" when their positions will not be under threat.

Free market fundamentalism - Thatcher's 'No such thing as society" - is the biggest threat to all Western societies. Our societies are now first and foremost economies. Ranting about the dead horse of religion is a nice deflection from the new fundamentalism. Perhaps in 40 years people will regret they didn't oppose this in our day, just as many Irish Catholics now regret they didn't make a stand against the RCC 40 years ago. Alas.

• Advertisement

ixus wrote: »
    Bbc was also taken down. CNN and gawker just gone off line.

Connection to events likely thin. I would certainly pay attention to German police.

Really? They'd have been dismissed as Nazi b4stards last year. Now we have to listen to them and be all serious? I hate 2016 already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

They frighting thing is that something could actually happen while we watch live.

And they would be taken out pretty fast. They was no greater terror than the Washington snipers. Hit and vanish tactics had a whole state in a state of terror. One could not get gas without ducking and diving under car while one filled. Can you imagine terrorist snipers, no greater terror than the unknowing.

Stick on Jools Holland. No chance of anything happening live there I was disappointed to discover a couple of years back. Can't watch pre-recorded countdown and party

They aren't gentlemanly like that all right, so how do you warn the public if you've intelligence to suggest an attack?

99/100 probably will be hoaxes or them being too cautious, but the authorities can't take the risk.

If it is a 1% chance, human nature, we'll just assume it is another fire alarm.
    No, history demands we conclude this is a fire alarm. How often are terrorists actually caught in the act? Basically never.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭leavingirl

Samaris wrote: »
    It sounds more like credible intelligence came in at the last moment and without enough time to find out exactly where it was, they put out the warning rather than risk something happening. I highly doubt the police would cause utter chaos in Munich on New Year's Eve for the lol. It'll cost them millions.
    yeah the bogeyman is everywhere. what do we have to do to make this stop? The fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

leavingirl wrote: »
    yeah the bogeyman is everywhere. what do we have to do to make this stop? The fear.

Christ haven't you left yet?

Beyond "be afraid" is there ever any more information? Nope.

And you're the sober voice of reason.
    Yeah. Got it.
    Maybe some people are just "idiotically" gullible?

Of course they are. Thankfully the people who take decisions like those taken in Munich tonight aren't those sort to dismiss threats lightly and endanger lives through negligence. The keyboard police commanders here with no knowledge of or access to the information available in Munich dismiss the action taken on the basis of... The basis of what? "I know better".

Fleawuss wrote: »
    Of course they are. Thankfully the people who take decisions like those taken in Munich tonight aren't those sort to dismiss threats lightly and endanger lives through negligence. The keyboard police commanders here with no knowledge of or access to the information available in Munich dismiss the action taken on the basis of... The basis of what? "I know better".

You're sounding like a flea wuss tbh.

No, history demands we conclude this is a fire alarm. How often are terrorists actually caught in the act? Basically never.

Took a while for the "this is what happens... muslims" crowd to arrive. Sure look what happened to Britain when they let the Irish have free travel to Ireland.

@Dan, I see your point, but if they have intelligence they have to warn people. Sometimes you are damned if you do...

Give people the information and let them decide, free will and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Leave out the personal attacks and stay on topic.

Mod

we made it lads

Took a while for the "this is what happens... muslims" crowd to arrive. Sure look what happened to Britain when they let the Irish have free travel to Ireland.

@Dan, I see your point, but if they have intelligence they have to warn people. Sometimes you are damned if you do...

Give people the information and let them decide, free will and all that.

what is the exact information? do you know?
    'Imminent threat' is not information.

You're sounding like a flea wuss tbh.

That's it?

Good riddance to 2015
    Hopefully 2016 is a better one

Christ haven't you left yet?

just emptying rhe load into your missus. I'll be off then Harry.

Mod: Banned

we made it lads

Happy New Year, folks. London looks fantastic although sound on Sky seems ****ed

Sky losing sound even on count down
    All not going according to plan, breaking up constantly

what is the exact information? do you know?
    'Imminent threat' is not information.

What was the exact threat in Paris, do tell me?

London, Madrid etc.

• Advertisement

Sky losing sound even on count down
    All not going according to plan, breaking up constantly

Probably terrorists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Hotei

Collie D wrote: »
    Stick on Jools Holland. No chance of anything happening live there I was disappointed to discover a couple of years back. Can't watch pre-recorded countdown and party

You're missing a good show my friend.

You aren't a girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Sun King

Classy start to your year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If there's an incident then start a new thread. This one is beyond salvageable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement