Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir complete bundle package

• 01-01-2016 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

Currently have efibre broadband and landline and very happy with service. Considering adding mobile and tv to the bundle.

Current tv setup is FTA that was installed about 8 years ago. Main attraction to changing is multiroom, pause/record.

I've read a good few negative threads here relating to evision and Eircom in general, however fewer negative ones in recent months. Have they improved since rebranding themselves?

Any suggestions welcome.

Ps UPC/virgin not available in my area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can get multi room on free to air though. I'm pretty sure you can record too. My tv records onto a usb/hard drive.

I spose you just gotta add up what you'll spend throughout the contract. I believe the pride rockets up after the promo ends,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Have evision nearly a year. No problems at all with it. Prefer the layout on sky but evision is better than I expected. With bt sports package you don't get the full range of channels though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭scurnane

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You can get multi room on free to air though. I'm pretty sure you can record too. My tv records onto a usb/hard drive.

I spose you just gotta add up what you'll spend throughout the contract. I believe the pride rockets up after the promo ends,

Ok thanks for that. Will look into the new FTA boxes. Presume I'd need to run a second cable from dish if I want to view separate channels on two tvs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

scurnane wrote: »
    Main attraction to changing is multiroom, pause/record.
    Will look into the new FTA boxes. Presume I'd need to run a second cable from dish if I want to view separate channels on two tvs?

Pause/record will require 2 cables from the LNB on the dish to a TV point i.e. twin-tuner PVR. A basic single-tuner zapper box requires 1 cable.

Freesat receivers - http://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat
    Freesat channels - http://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_channels_on_Freesat_(UK)

Thanks for your ideas and suggestions. I think I'll go the freesat route as I'm happy with the basic setup and will probably buy a decent set top box (pvr) for the living room and move the old box into the bedroom. Therefore I'll need 3 coax runs from lnb. I have seen some quad output lnbs on the maplin site so I'll prob buy one of them.

Thanks again for your help.

• Advertisement

I have seen some quad output lnbs on the maplin site so I'll prob buy one of them.

I've find Maplins to be expensive, recommend you to shop around. Have a look at freetv.ie, satworld.ie, satellite.ie (Irish sites) and lots of UK and European sites also.

Anyone know if there are combo boxes available that have epg for both saorview and uk channels?

Anyone know if there are combo boxes available that have epg for both saorview and uk channels?

No official ones but there is speculation one may be on the way in the coming months - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=97656653#post97656653

Advertisement