Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? 2016 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Strider (2014) on PC. Mixed feelings about this one. The first day I played it I put four hours into it and really enjoyed it. Then a week later when I went to play it again, something had changed and I lost all interest in it. I think it may have been the multiple plasmas/weapon types, and the enemies becoming really cheap knocking you into stunlocks.

I normally like metroidvania type games, but I wasn't bothered going back to look for collectables. In the end I just went for the end boss to get it over with.

Metro Redux finished.

I'd played both games when they came out on xbox 360 and loved them, but it was even better to comeback and play them back to back especially the 1st game which has been redone with elements from last light, making it an even better experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Child of Light
    The Silent Age
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Undertale
    Enslaved:Odyssey to the West
    Dream
    MGSV: Phantom Pain

Finished The Cave and Call of Juarez Gunslinger.

The Cave is a decent puzzle/platformer where you swap between 3 different characters with different abilities. I like the games dark humor and it has that Double Fine look to it which I also like though you have to play through it 3 times to get each characters ending. (5 or 6 times if you want the good and bad endings)

COJ is a pretty good western FPS. Given the lack of RDR on PC it sort of fills the gap for a decent cowboy game. It even has quick draw stand offs which are pretty cool and really tense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Another update

Street fighter x Tekken (Xbox 360) not great, feels more like SF than Tekken.
    F.E.A.R. Extraction point (Xbox 360) Good game, though you kind of do know what to expect by now.
    F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate (Xbox 360) More action packed and less scary than previous games, it's a nice change of pace.
    Shadowrun Returns (PC) great game. nice writing and very imaginative. The combat does get a bit tedious towards the end though.
    Crash tag team racing (Xbox) One of the better cart games, great craic.
    Portal 2 (PC) It was good, but not as good as much as the first one.
    System Shock (PC) great game, especially with the new control scheme. I might get burned at the stake for this but i feel just a tiny bit of handholding would do okay. more than once i had to look at a walkthrough to figure out my next objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

[Xbox One]

Banjo and Kazooie
    (N64 game)

I quite enjoyed it but the camera can be awkward at times like not being able to move it yourself to desired location much the same as Mario 64.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light - PS4
    Assassins creed unity - PS4
    Super Mario 3d World - Wii U
    Call of duty black ops 2 - Wii U
    Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes - PS4

Call of duty black ops 3 -PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Finally finished Bayonetta. Nice fun over the top game. I'm assuming the stone award is the best, showing how rock hard I am. It must be since that's what I mostly got. :) will get to Bayonetta 2 a bit later.

[Xbox One]

Sunset Overdrive

Brilliant game I would highly recommend anybody to get it. It's like a classic Tony Hawks game that merged with Crackdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Batman: Arhkam Knight (PS4)
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (NDC) (PS4)

Saint Row IV Re-elected (Xbox One) - Good, but didn't enjoy it as much as Saints Row 3, felt over powered for the majority of the game and the running and jumping powers meant I raced and flew over Steelport, not really appreciating the environment. Some of the side quests got very repetitive too. That said I had a good laugh with it. Worth getting it on the cheap, I got it and Gat out of Hell for €7.50.

And about Sunset Overdrive - I loved it, great game with a great art style, would love a sequel.

• Finally finished all the RE6 Campaigns (last one left was Adas) on the x360

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Finally finished all the RE6 Campaigns (last one left was Adas) on the x360

What did you think of it in the end. I've finished Jake and Leon's campaigns and halfway through Chris' but I'm struggling with whether to bother finishing at the moment.

• What did you think of it in the end. I've finished Jake and Leon's campaigns and halfway through Chris' but I'm struggling with whether to bother finishing at the moment.

I honestly think Ada's and Leon's are the best of the bunch

They did try and tie in the campaigns together and it's interesting to see where Ada swoops in to save the day for all of the characters.

Ada does not forcefully have a coop / AI partner so it can be strictly played Single player which I actually preferred.

There is the occasional tugging of the camera and forceful qtes but not as many as the other campaigns which is a plus.

[Xbox One]

Battlefield 4

Completed it on hard, already completed it on hard on PC so done it just for the gamerscore. Done all three endings as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Two recent ones: Dropsy and Lucius, both on PC.

Dropsy is a fun point and click adventure with no dialogue (characters communicate with pictures). I found the story enjoyable, albeit a little dark, and the soundtrack is good too. Hugs all round.

Lucius, while a little buggy and unintuitive in places, was still compelling. The dialogue and voice acting was a bit sketchy, I'm not really sure if it's intentional or because the devs are Finnish. the gameplay reminded me of Hitman, but with limited options.

[Xbox One]

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Absolutely an amazing game cannot believe how much I enjoyed it. I covered every inch of every map. Don't really usually like those top down games but this game as changed my opinion of them may even give the Tomb Raider top down games a go.

Dying light - PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4

Uncharted drakes fortune - PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Just finished my first game of 2016.

Wolfenstein the new order.

Been playing it off and on with a few others so took me a while and it's actually a long enough game for what it is.

Other than the few fetch this, fetch that bits that I truly hated it was a top notch shooter that I can't recommend enough for anyone yet to play it.

I was late to the party but boy what a party!

Doom will be my next fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Life is Strange (PC)
    Oxenfree (PC)

Beyond: Two Souls (PS) - Continuing my trend towards story heavy games, an interactive story about a girl born tied to another soul/entity who you get to control during various parts of the game. Overall, I enjoyed it as individual episodes/scenes and found Ellen Page's performance superb. I really liked the "homeless" and "navajo" episodes. However I found the conclusion fell a bit flat for me. My biggest gripe with the game however was the combat controls, where you are expected to move the thumb stick in the direction of Jodie's movements to lead or avoid attacks, it just did not feel intuitive to me at all and I ended up put the game in crutch mode just to get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I finally finished Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

It was as fvcking metal as its OST

If Konami have any sense, they'll give Platinum another Raiden game.

Dying light - PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    Uncharted drakes fortune - PS4

The order 1886 - PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just finished off Bloodborne after leaving it for 3 months. Seems I was 5 minutes away from the final boss when I stopped playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Incredibly late to the party but just finished resident evil 5 co op.

Loved it. Massive break from Resi as it was back in the day but played coop works great especially with a few scoops.

Resi 6 here I come

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Just finished Dark Souls 2 - Thank god for that ...haven't been able to take it out of my ps4 since i bought it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Child of Light
    The Silent Age
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Undertale
    Enslaved:Odyssey to the West
    Dream
    MGSV: Phantom Pain
    The Cave
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger.

Adding Stardew Valley and Viscera Cleanup Detail to the finished list.

Really enjoyed Stardew Valley. I was hooked on this game for weeks and highly recommend it. I enjoyed it a lot more than the Harvest Moon games which inspired it. Pretty much done everything there is to do in the game now though.

Viscera Cleanup Detail surprised me with how much I enjoyed it. Thought it was just a fun novelty game at first but over 60 hours later and all levels cleaned to perfection it's definitely more than that. Its a great game play while listening to music and theres something so therapeutic about cleaning a level to perfection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Dying Light- Xbox one- Loved the game, going to wait for The Following as I want to get rid of my backlog

Rocket League- Not a game you can really finish but I've played it a lot and I love it. I don't like fifa so this is sort of a game I play like other people play fifa

TWD Season 1- Was good until episode almost end of 3, bits of 4 and 5 was horrible. The ending was predictable and pretty boring to be honest, sort of ruined the whole game for me :/

Life is Strange Episode 3- Played episode 1&2 in late 2015, sort of forgot about it but so happy I got back into it, the writing is amazing and not predictable at all! I've got trouble getting to episode 4 because backlog, but the whole game is a whirlwind of emotions and I feel like Dontnod do the telltale formula better than telltale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Batman: Arhkam Knight (PS4)
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (NDC) (PS4)
    Saint Row IV Re-elected (Xbox One)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (NDC) (PS4) - Great game and vastly superior to the first, it's my first time playing this series. I knew from online comments that the first one hadn't aged well so I gave it allowances. UC2 is much more entertaining and much less repetitive. The only thing that annoyed me is that the treasures are in much trickier and unrealistic locations in comparison to the first game, I only stumbled across a third.
    Many appear above your normal field of view hanging on or under ledges so you need to shoot them down

Overall a great game. I'm going to take a break before I play Uncharted 3 meaning it'll be after release before I look at getting UC4.

I want some relatively short next as I have my wedding and honeymoon coming up soon (damn real-life getting in the way :D). Might try Zombi on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [NDC]
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Firewatch
    Fallout 4 (Xbox One)

ADDING:
    Final Fantasy IX (Steam)

.....Wow.........let me just start by saying I had never finished a Final Fantasy game in my life (the closest I got was getting to the final boss on Final Fantasy VII and never being able to beat him... still have the save file). This is one of the best games I have ever played, full stop.

My god - what a damn fine game. 60 hours!

I'm absolutely exhausted, and satisfied. I said I was going to make a start on Final Fantasy VIII afterwards, but I'm so burnt from this I don't know if I could do another one. Take note that Final Fantasy IX was only released on Steam last Friday...

I'm going to bed now.
    WOW!!! what a game.

:D:D:D

60 hours in what...five and a bit days? did you sleep at all man!?

Another update

Street fighter x Tekken (Xbox 360) not great, feels more like SF than Tekken.
    F.E.A.R. Extraction point (Xbox 360) Good game, though you kind of do know what to expect by now.
    F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate (Xbox 360) More action packed and less scary than previous games, it's a nice change of pace.
    Shadowrun Returns (PC) great game. nice writing and very imaginative. The combat does get a bit tedious towards the end though.
    Crash tag team racing (Xbox) One of the better cart games, great craic.
    Portal 2 (PC) It was good, but not as good as much as the first one.
    System Shock (PC) great game, especially with the new control scheme. I might get burned at the stake for this but i feel just a tiny bit of handholding would do okay. more than once i had to look at a walkthrough to figure out my next objective.
    Half-Life 2 (PC) Better than i remember it being...a pretty, if ultimately mediocre shooter.
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (PC) More of the same but with some cool set pieces.
    Spellforce: The order of Dawn (PC) An interesting RPG/RTS hybrid, good level design but in the end just more evidence that the genera don't really mix that well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Since the start of the year:

Halo 4: A replay on the One as part of the MCC. Enjoyed it a lot more than the first time I played through it because I had played through 1-3 just beforehand and got interested in the lore and the universe.

Halo 5: Enjoyed this too, especially the early stuff in the colonies. Think it lost it's way a bit once it went into the usual Halo stuff, and the accompanying podcast did a better job of telling the story. On the gameplay side of things the ledge climb and boost make such a big difference to gameplay.

Back to the Future: Game share with my brother and he picked this up back in October when it was on sale for the 30th anniversary. Think I started it back then and could only bring myself to finish it over the last few nights. Has a bit more 'game' aspects to it than recent telltale games but story wise is pretty boring. By the end I was using the hints for any puzzle that wasn't blatantly obvious just to get through it.

Advertisement