Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? 2016 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

60 hours in what...five and a bit days? did you sleep at all man!?

True playtime was roughly 45 hours. The other 15 would be the cumulative amount of hours the game would be paused or left on while I did other things... or sometimes on the game's launcher, that counts as game-time according to Steam, somehow.

The game stamped 45 hours, Steam stamped 61 :P

Still a long time to be playing, though. But my god, I could not put the gamepad down - I loved every minute of it.

EDIT: To answer your question, I usually go to sleep around 3am, I'm somehow able to get 5-6 hours sleep and still feel perfectly energized throughout the day. It's a gamer's gift, especially when you've the whole weekend to do it.

• Finished Quantem Break & Gears Ultimate on the X1

Hopefully finish another play-through of Doom 2 & Doom ROE & Lost levels by days end.
    Trying to get ready for next gen release :)

Also on the current list I'm trying to get the following completed: GTA San Andreas x360, Vice City PS4, Broforce PS4, Enslaved odessey to the west x360, 100% completion of Rage on x360, The Warriors for Xbox, Burial at sea DLC on x360, GTA V on PS4, Bayonetta 2 and Zombii U on WiiU, Bloodbourne DLC PS4, Uncharted Collection PS4...

****ing hell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Child of Light
    The Silent Age
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Undertale
    Enslaved:Odyssey to the West
    Dream
    MGSV: Phantom Pain
    The Cave
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger.
    Stardew Valley
    Viscera Cleanup Detail

Adding the Fall and Deus Ex HR Directors Cut.

Enjoyed the Fall. Great story and atmosphere though its short and ends with a cliffhanger. Didnt realise it was the first of three episodes when I bought it.

I played Deus Ex HR backon the PS3 but hadnt played the Directors Cut. Great game but terrible boss fights though at least they improved these a little for the DC edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Adding the Fall and Deus Ex HR Directors Cut.

Enjoyed the Fall. Great story and atmosphere though its short and ends with a cliffhanger. Didnt realise it was the first of three episodes when I bought it.

Since the final two episodes were scrapped, the rest of the story was published as a novel called Icarus Effect, if you're interested in seeing where it goes... I have no idea if it's any good or not though.

They were scrapped? I looked around after completing it to find out when the next part of it was coming out and found a post on the Steam forum from the dev that said he's still working on part 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light - PS4
    Assassins creed unity - PS4
    Super Mario 3d World - Wii U
    Call of duty black ops 2 - Wii U
    Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes - PS4
    Call of duty black ops 3 -PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    Uncharted drakes fortune - PS4
    The order 1886 - PS4

Doom 3 - Xbox 360

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

da gamer wrote: »
    Doom 3 - Xbox 360
    RopeDrink wrote: »
    Can add Dark Souls 3 and March of the Living to whatever list I've provided in the past. Oh and Fallout 4, Grim Dawn and MGSV:PPain, quite a while ago.

And what did you think of them? Just to stop this thread becoming a list thread and also may encourage others to play them.

Just finished Dead Space 3. I can see where a lot of complaints came from. Was an enjoyable game but not a good Dead Space game. More of a shooting gallery than a survival horror. also wasn't keen on the new upgrade system

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Dying Light (PS4) - I really loved this game, it's full of memorable moments and playing it Co-op with my brother made it even more enjoyable. I'm excited about returning to it to play the remaining side quests.

Until Dawn (PS4) - terrific and genuinely scary in places, the choice based mechanics work brilliantly, it's one of the most engrossing games I've played in a while. Sony would give Telltale a run for their money if they continue releasing 'butterfly effect' games as good as this one. Absolutely brilliant game.

Life is Strange (Steam) - one of the most thought-provoking and unforgettable games I've ever played, the game deals with issues such as mental health, abandonment, friendship, disabilities, regret, the passage of time, it's incredibly deep but not in a pretentious way. Play it. NOW.

Metal Slug (Steam) - Fun, action-packed side-scrolling run and gun game, short but sweet, a real button bashing treat.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut (Steam) - the classic 1996 point and click adventure game gets two hours of extra content and new animation in this director's cut. Fantastic game, immersive storyline and loveable characters make this a great piece of gaming history.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC) - Classic LucasArts point and click adventure game, great story, terrific humour and brilliant use of the characters from the franchise.

Adding:

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition (Steam) - updated version of the classic LucasArts point and click adventure, regarded by many to be the greatest game of the genre. The new interface is tedious at times but the voice acting and new animation make it a treat. All in all it deserves the high praise it receives.

Dying Light (PS4) - I really loved this game, it's full of memorable moments and playing it Co-op with my brother made it even more enjoyable. I'm excited about returning to it to play the remaining side quests.

Until Dawn (PS4) - terrific and genuinely scary in places, the choice based mechanics work brilliantly, it's one of the most engrossing games I've played in a while. Sony would give Telltale a run for their money if they continue releasing 'butterfly effect' games as good as this one. Absolutely brilliant game.

Life is Strange (Steam) - one of the most thought-provoking and unforgettable games I've ever played, the game deals with issues such as mental health, abandonment, friendship, disabilities, regret, the passage of time, it's incredibly deep but not in a pretentious way. Play it. NOW.

Metal Slug (Steam) - Fun, action-packed side-scrolling run and gun game, short but sweet, a real button bashing treat.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut (Steam) - the classic 1996 point and click adventure game gets two hours of extra content and new animation in this director's cut. Fantastic game, immersive storyline and loveable characters make this a great piece of gaming history.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC) - Classic LucasArts point and click adventure game, great story, terrific humour and brilliant use of the characters from the franchise.

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition (Steam) - updated version of the classic LucasArts point and click adventure, regarded by many to be the greatest game of the genre. The new interface is tedious at times but the voice acting and new animation make it a treat. All in all it deserves the high praise it receives.

Adding:

The Charnel House Trilogy (Steam) -
    When I finished The Secret of Monkey Island last night I decided to give this indie point and click adventure a go, finishing it in just under two hours. It's an unsettling mystery/horror tale with a plot that is open to interpretation, so it's hard to describe without spoiling it. It's available on Steam, so if you see it for sale I'd recommend picking it up as it's an interesting game to play through in one sitting. A sequel is in the works too which will expand on the ambiguous story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Life is Strange (PC)
    Oxenfree (PC)
    Beyond: Two Souls (PS3)

The last of us (ps3) - Wow, its only taken me 2 years to finally getting around to bring this to a conclusion, I seem to get distracted by shiny bright things. Overall was attracted by the story, however I'm not a fan of stealth missions and I often found it interfering with the flow of the game. Mostly because I suck and I usually end up either losing my patience or blowing my cover and having to go guns blazing. I had the ending kinda hinted/spoiled on me but I could see where it was going with
    the relationship building between Ellie and Joel as the game progressed, but going that route however, I would have preferred if it were a choice offered to the player to determine the outcome
    . Overall, really powerful story, some of my favorite scenes being between Ellie and
    David, Ellie showing how bad ass she is
    . Gotta try the dlc next and see what its about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Just finished the Witcher 3, gotta say the best game Ive ever played.

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [NDC]
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Firewatch

Xbox One
    Fallout 4

Steam
    Final Fantasy IX

ADDING:
    Sonic the Hedgehog (SEGA Mega Drive)

I should be absolutely ashamed of myself for admitting that this is actually the first time I played through the entire game and beat it. I used to just give up after Labyrinth Zone, then I used to get further and give up at Scrap Brain Zone. Finally did it tonight, 23 years in the making. I'm annoyed that I missed the last emerald (thought you could get them on the last level - you can't....).

I'm pathetic, but I can immortalize it here. So here's a sad screenshot.
    CBE6BEEFF6C76C8FE31805C50951ECA23691354C

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gravity rush
    Assassins creed Syndicate

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Firewatch

Xbox One
    Fallout 4

Steam
    Final Fantasy IX

SEGA Mega Drive
    Sonic the Hedgehog

ADDING:
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (SEGA Mega Drive)

Another Sonic Box ticked.
    Found this one a lot easier because I was able to get Super Sonic pretty quick. Another classic out the way and another first.

ALSO ADDING:
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles (SEGA Mega Drive)

I can finally say to myself I beat all 3 original Sonic games on the Mega Drive. That's one life objective complete. I can go back to playing the PS4/Xbox One

:)

Dying light - PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    The order 1886 - PS4
    Doom 3 - Xbox 360

Duke Nukem 3d - Ps vita

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Since the start of the year:

Halo 4: A replay on the One as part of the MCC. Enjoyed it a lot more than the first time I played through it because I had played through 1-3 just beforehand and got interested in the lore and the universe.

Halo 5: Enjoyed this too, especially the early stuff in the colonies. Think it lost it's way a bit once it went into the usual Halo stuff, and the accompanying podcast did a better job of telling the story. On the gameplay side of things the ledge climb and boost make such a big difference to gameplay.

Back to the Future: Game share with my brother and he picked this up back in October when it was on sale for the 30th anniversary. Think I started it back then and could only bring myself to finish it over the last few nights. Has a bit more 'game' aspects to it than recent telltale games but story wise is pretty boring. By the end I was using the hints for any puzzle that wasn't blatantly obvious just to get through it.

Lego Marvel: Played through it with the kids. Handy enough and all the bricks/characters really bring out the collector in me. Not sure if I prefer the old format or the inclusion of the hub area full of collectibles though. Really enjoyed the mini New York in this but that was most likely down it being full of Marvel characters. Gotham and Bricktropolis (??) in Lego Batman and The Lego Movie weren't as good imo. Although Middle Earth in Lego LotR is still the pinnacle of this style.

Life is Strange (PC)
    Oxenfree (PC)
    The Last of Us (ps3)

Tomb Raider (2013) PC - Another half finished game finally knocked off the backlog. Decent enough action to keep me interested, story was average nothing special and had enough rope swinging to make me think I was back playing arkham city.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Procyon

Assassins creed: Rogue
    Good fun, very similar to AC Black flag but not quite as good.
    A lot of collectables, a lot!

The Witness
    Narrative & tutorials are just two of the extravagances you can forget about with this game! I enjoy puzzles, so I loved this game and the challenge. It probably will be my game of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Wow, can't believe I missed out on this as a teen!
    A really fun corridor shooter, and an amazing use of the lackluster prequel trilogy IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Star Wars: Republic Commando

Wow, can't believe I missed out on this as a teen!
    A really fun corridor shooter, and an amazing use of the lackluster prequel trilogy IP.

It really is a fantastic game. I played it last year or so and still play split-screen when i get someone round.

Legend has it that there was going to be a sequel called Imperial Commando where
    they tie up loose ends from the first game (rescue the lad who got captured), then eventually defect to the alliance.
    But it was cancelled for whatever reason.

• Advertisement

Halo 4: A replay on the One as part of the MCC. Enjoyed it a lot more than the first time I played through it because I had played through 1-3 just beforehand and got interested in the lore and the universe.

Halo 5: Enjoyed this too, especially the early stuff in the colonies. Think it lost it's way a bit once it went into the usual Halo stuff, and the accompanying podcast did a better job of telling the story. On the gameplay side of things the ledge climb and boost make such a big difference to gameplay.

Back to the Future: Game share with my brother and he picked this up back in October when it was on sale for the 30th anniversary. Think I started it back then and could only bring myself to finish it over the last few nights. Has a bit more 'game' aspects to it than recent telltale games but story wise is pretty boring. By the end I was using the hints for any puzzle that wasn't blatantly obvious just to get through it.

Lego Marvel: Played through it with the kids. Handy enough and all the bricks/characters really bring out the collector in me. Not sure if I prefer the old format or the inclusion of the hub area full of collectibles though. Really enjoyed the mini New York in this but that was most likely down it being full of Marvel characters. Gotham and Bricktropolis (??) in Lego Batman and The Lego Movie weren't as good imo. Although Middle Earth in Lego LotR is still the pinnacle of this style.

Adding

Quantum Break: Good game. Enjoyable story even if some of the main points were predictable. Fairly short with some good set pieces and not that difficult on hard, gameplay kinda reminded me of Army of Two. That final boss battle though. Also normally like when games have collectibles which add to the world but this had too much and by the end of it I wasn't even bothering to read most of them. TV show was something different although not sure how much it impacted on the game.

Dying light - PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    The order 1886 - PS4
    Doom 3 - Xbox 360
    Duke Nukem 3d - Ps vita

Batman arkham origins - Xbox 360

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Firewatch

Xbox One
    Fallout 4

Steam
    Final Fantasy IX

SEGA Mega Drive
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2

ADDING:
    Fallout 4: Automatron (Xbox One)

I know it can't be considered a full game but it took me 4 hours to finish, so I'm including it.

Quantum Break: Good game. Enjoyable story even if some of the main points were predictable. Fairly short with some good set pieces and not that difficult on hard, gameplay kinda reminded me of Army of Two. That final boss battle though. Also normally like when games have collectibles which add to the world but this had too much and by the end of it I wasn't even bothering to read most of them. TV show was something different although not sure how much it impacted on the game.

Adding

Pnuema: Breath of Life. Wouldn't have bought this due to how short it was but really enjoyed it as a free game. Most of the puzzles are straight forward and I ran through the game in about 2 hours, some really good challenging ones though, and unfortunately some that are challenging due to poor controls. Also has some nice armchair philosophy thrown in which I always appreciate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Halo 5
    Bloodborne
    Dark Souls 3
    Sonic 2

Dying Light (PS4) - I really loved this game, it's full of memorable moments and playing it Co-op with my brother made it even more enjoyable. I'm excited about returning to it to play the remaining side quests. 9/10.

Until Dawn (PS4) - terrific and genuinely scary in places, the choice based mechanics work brilliantly, it's one of the most engrossing games I've played in a while. Sony would give Telltale a run for their money if they continue releasing 'butterfly effect' games as good as this one. Absolutely brilliant game. 9/10.

Life is Strange (Steam) - one of the most thought-provoking and unforgettable games I've ever played, the game deals with issues such as mental health, abandonment, friendship, disabilities, regret, the passage of time, it's incredibly deep but not in a pretentious way. Play it. NOW. 9/10.

Metal Slug (Steam) - Fun, action-packed side-scrolling run and gun game, short but sweet, a real button bashing treat. 7/10.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut (Steam) - the classic 1996 point and click adventure game gets two hours of extra content and new animation in this director's cut. Fantastic game, immersive storyline and loveable characters make this a great piece of gaming history. 9/10.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC) - Classic LucasArts point and click adventure game, great story, terrific humour and brilliant use of the characters from the franchise. 9/10.

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition (Steam) - updated version of the classic LucasArts point and click adventure, regarded by many to be the greatest game of the genre. The new interface is tedious at times but the voice acting and new animation make it a treat. All in all it deserves the high praise it receives. 7.5/10.

The Charnel House Trilogy (Steam) -
    When I finished The Secret of Monkey Island last night I decided to give this indie point and click adventure a go, finishing it in just under two hours. It's an unsettling mystery/horror tale with a plot that is open to interpretation, so it's hard to describe without spoiling it. It's available on Steam, so if you see it for sale I'd recommend picking it up as it's an interesting game to play through in one sitting. A sequel is in the works too which will expand on the ambiguous story. 6/10.

Adding:

Uncharted 2 (PS4) - It lived up to the hype. Such an improvement on the already excellent original, it had great characters, brilliant set pieces and a lot of action. The cover system became frustrating at times, particularly towards the end, as a lot of the time Nate takes cover behind the wrong wall in combat (something that seems to be an issue with the entire series), but this is overshadowed by how brilliant the game is overall. A terrific gaming experience. 9/10.

Saints Row The Third (Xbox 360) - This game is just completely insane. Arguably the most entertaining sandbox game I've ever played, it is hilarious in so many ways. The weapons, the characters, the set pieces, everything is off the wall. It doesn't take itself too seriously, which is why it works so well. This game is a blast. 8.5/10.

Child of Light
    The Silent Age
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Undertale
    Enslaved:Odyssey to the West
    Dream
    MGSV: Phantom Pain
    The Cave
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger.
    Stardew Valley
    Viscera Cleanup Detail
    The Fall
    Deus Ex HR Directors Cut

Finished Dreamfall The Longest Journey and Toki Tori 2.

I enjoyed Dreamfall. Great story though the gameplay is a bit poor at times. Especially the terrible combat and stealth sections. The combat was at least easy but added nothing to the game.

Toki Tori 2 was actually surprisingly good. More of a puzzle game then I was expecting and its got some really good puzzles and levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Can now add Borderlands(TellTale) season 1, a brilliant game. One of the funniest Ive played in a long time

Life is Strange (PC)
    Oxenfree (PC)
    The Last of Us (PS3)
    Tomb Raider (2013) (PC)

The last of us : Left behind (PS4) - Fantastic addition to the main story, really thought it added more depth to the Ellie's character. Really enjoyed the stealth missions in this game more than the main game, I guess a lot was down to how the knife mechanic worked and wasn't limited.

Uncharted : Drakes fortune (PS4) - Playing as part of the collection, took me a while to get into this but was really enjoying towards the end. Story wasn't fantastic, but the character interaction and dialogue made up for it. Already started two, and seeing a big improvement.

Firewatch (PC) - Fantastic artwork and lighting used in this game to convey the setting and mood, the character dialogue was very good too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

My first post of the year - a certain game below has sucked up so much of this year's gaming!

PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: What a game. I was growing a bit, hmm, bored isn't the word but maybe 'over stimulated' towards the end of this, so finished it is a bit of a rush, but thoroughly enjoyed the 115 hours I put into what will surely be my only playthrough. It was SOOOO much better than the two previous games, which I found somewhat of a letdown when compared to their reception. Story wasn't amazing, but the side quests, the scope of the game, the visual beauty, it was a really specially gaming experience.
    BattleBlock Theatre: Really fun platformer with a wicked sense of humour. Completed about 75% of it co-op with my wife, who then gave up as it became too hard and she doesn't enjoy difficult games very much, but I loved it.

Wii U

Guitar Hero Live: Including this as I completed the 'campaign' bits of it, as well as a good few random tracks via the Live option. Cool twist on an old favourite, and well executed to boot.

Android

TypeRider: Fun and educational platformer - you don't say that every day! Short too, which works for a mobile game.

Advertisement