Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Games Have You Completed? 2016 Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Since the start of the year:

Halo 4: A replay on the One as part of the MCC. Enjoyed it a lot more than the first time I played through it because I had played through 1-3 just beforehand and got interested in the lore and the universe.

Halo 5: Enjoyed this too, especially the early stuff in the colonies. Think it lost it's way a bit once it went into the usual Halo stuff, and the accompanying podcast did a better job of telling the story. On the gameplay side of things the ledge climb and boost make such a big difference to gameplay.

Back to the Future: Game share with my brother and he picked this up back in October when it was on sale for the 30th anniversary. Think I started it back then and could only bring myself to finish it over the last few nights. Has a bit more 'game' aspects to it than recent telltale games but story wise is pretty boring. By the end I was using the hints for any puzzle that wasn't blatantly obvious just to get through it.

Lego Marvel: Played through it with the kids. Handy enough and all the bricks/characters really bring out the collector in me. Not sure if I prefer the old format or the inclusion of the hub area full of collectibles though. Really enjoyed the mini New York in this but that was most likely down it being full of Marvel characters. Gotham and Bricktropolis (??) in Lego Batman and The Lego Movie weren't as good imo. Although Middle Earth in Lego LotR is still the pinnacle of this style.

Quantum Break: Good game. Enjoyable story even if some of the main points were predictable. Fairly short with some good set pieces and not that difficult on hard, gameplay kinda reminded me of Army of Two. That final boss battle though. Also normally like when games have collectibles which add to the world but this had too much and by the end of it I wasn't even bothering to read most of them. TV show was something different although not sure how much it impacted on the game.

Pnuema: Breath of Life. Wouldn't have bought this due to how short it was but really enjoyed it as a free game. Most of the puzzles are straight forward and I ran through the game in about 2 hours, some really good challenging ones though, and unfortunately some that are challenging due to poor controls. Also has some nice armchair philosophy thrown in which I always appreciate.

Adding

Telltale Game of Thrones: I really enjoyed playing through this over the last few days but after reading through some of the criticisms I find myself agreeing with a lot of them. I had wondered how they were going to incorporate all the characters and locations into the game and thought the main character spending an episode in each location would be a bit far fetched but following the TV show formula of switching between scenes and family members worked really well. The only downside is that having the Telltale formula happening four or five times per episode really highlights how.....formulaic their games are.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

Dying light - PS4
    Assassins creed unity - PS4
    Super Mario 3d World - Wii U
    Call of duty black ops 2 - Wii U
    Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes - PS4
    Call of duty black ops 3 -PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    Uncharted drakes fortune - PS4
    The order 1886 - PS4
    Doom 3 - Xbox 360
    Duke Nukem 3d - Ps vita
    Batman arkham origins - Xbox 360

Uncharted 2 among thieves - PS4

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Dying Light (PS4) - I really loved this game, it's full of memorable moments and playing it Co-op with my brother made it even more enjoyable. I'm excited about returning to it to play the remaining side quests. 9/10.

Until Dawn (PS4) - terrific and genuinely scary in places, the choice based mechanics work brilliantly, it's one of the most engrossing games I've played in a while. Sony would give Telltale a run for their money if they continue releasing 'butterfly effect' games as good as this one. Absolutely brilliant game. 9/10.

Life is Strange (Steam) - one of the most thought-provoking and unforgettable games I've ever played, the game deals with issues such as mental health, abandonment, friendship, disabilities, regret, the passage of time, it's incredibly deep but not in a pretentious way. Play it. NOW. 9/10.

Metal Slug (Steam) - Fun, action-packed side-scrolling run and gun game, short but sweet, a real button bashing treat. 7/10.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut (Steam) - the classic 1996 point and click adventure game gets two hours of extra content and new animation in this director's cut. Fantastic game, immersive storyline and loveable characters make this a great piece of gaming history. 9/10.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC) - Classic LucasArts point and click adventure game, great story, terrific humour and brilliant use of the characters from the franchise. 9/10.

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition (Steam) - updated version of the classic LucasArts point and click adventure, regarded by many to be the greatest game of the genre. The new interface is tedious at times but the voice acting and new animation make it a treat. All in all it deserves the high praise it receives. 7.5/10.

The Charnel House Trilogy (Steam) -
    When I finished The Secret of Monkey Island last night I decided to give this indie point and click adventure a go, finishing it in just under two hours. It's an unsettling mystery/horror tale with a plot that is open to interpretation, so it's hard to describe without spoiling it. It's available on Steam, so if you see it for sale I'd recommend picking it up as it's an interesting game to play through in one sitting. A sequel is in the works too which will expand on the ambiguous story. 6/10.

Uncharted 2 (PS4) - It lived up to the hype. Such an improvement on the already excellent original, it had great characters, brilliant set pieces and a lot of action. The cover system became frustrating at times, particularly towards the end, as a lot of the time Nate takes cover behind the wrong wall in combat (something that seems to be an issue with the entire series), but this is overshadowed by how brilliant the game is overall. A terrific gaming experience. 9/10.

Saints Row The Third (Xbox 360) - This game is just completely insane. Arguably the most entertaining sandbox game I've ever played, it is hilarious in so many ways. The weapons, the characters, the set pieces, everything is off the wall. It doesn't take itself too seriously, which is why it works so well. This game is a blast. 8.5/10.

Adding:

Sam and Max Hit the Road (PC) - After finishing The Secret of Monkey Island a few weeks ago I decided to dive into Sam and Max Hit the Road, and I had no idea what lay in store. Witty, charming, clever, inventive and downright hilarious are just some of the words I can use to describe this comedy masterpiece. In fact it's arguably the funniest game ever made. I laughed out loud more times than I can remember.

The characters are memorable and loveable, the locations are brilliantly inventive (poking fun at the 'tourist trap', The World's Largest Ball of Twine for instance) the dialogue is snappy and the animations are beautiful.

I had a lot more fun with this than I did with Monkey Island, yet Monkey Island gets most of the high praise. One issue that I did have was in relation to some of the puzzles which, particularly in the final part, became difficult for my tiny brain. That's my fault however, not the game's. The game is close to perfect. 9.5/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Child of Light
    The Silent Age
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Undertale
    Enslaved:Odyssey to the West
    Dream
    MGSV: Phantom Pain
    The Cave
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger.
    Stardew Valley
    Viscera Cleanup Detail
    The Fall
    Deus Ex HR Directors Cut
    Dreamfall The Longest Journey
    Toki Tori 2.

Finished the Swapper and Her Story.

The Swapper was great. Kind of a puzzle platformer that allows you to clone yourself and then jump between control of your clones.

Her Story was brilliant too. Got this with in the recent Humble Bundle and played it with my missus. Really liked the way the story is told in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Another update

Street fighter x Tekken (Xbox 360) not great, feels more like SF than Tekken.
    F.E.A.R. Extraction point (Xbox 360) Good game, though you kind of do know what to expect by now.
    F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate (Xbox 360) More action packed and less scary than previous games, it's a nice change of pace.
    Shadowrun Returns (PC) great game. nice writing and very imaginative. The combat does get a bit tedious towards the end though.
    Crash tag team racing (Xbox) One of the better cart games, great craic.
    Portal 2 (PC) It was good, but not as good as much as the first one.
    System Shock (PC) great game, especially with the new control scheme. I might get burned at the stake for this but i feel just a tiny bit of handholding would do okay. more than once i had to look at a walkthrough to figure out my next objective.
    Half-Life 2 (PC) Better than i remember it being...a pretty, if ultimately mediocre shooter.
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (PC) More of the same but with some cool set pieces.
    Spellforce: The order of Dawn (PC) An interesting RPG/RTS hybrid, good level design but in the end just more evidence that the genera don't really mix that well.
    Painkiller (PC) Outstanding game. great arena shooter which knows exactly what it is and has the confidence to pull it off.
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox 360) I actually really enjoyed it, a fun campaign though i thought the exo-suit abilities needed to be a bit more freeform and the characters needed more development, but a good direction.
    Lollipop Chainsaw (Xbox 360) great fun and fantastic attitude. the only downside is that controls tend to be a bit sticky but otherwise a must-play.
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) (PC) Poorly optomised for PCs and fairly poor controls. rubbish, no wonder Origin were giving it away for free.
    King of Fighters '94 (Wii) From SNK Arcade collection, great game though the Wii remote controls take a bit of getting used to, it wouldn't recognize my classic controller for some reason :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Wow, been a few months since I finished anything

Ryse
    Valiant hearts
    Rise of the tomb raider
    The division : I know it's open ended with multiplayer, but the first 30 hours or so are on your own, it's actually strangely compelling but the narrative just dies off when things are getting going.
    Dark souls 2, scholar of the first sin - wow - a game I initially abandoned after about 2 hours, I'm so glad I went back to it, a compelling and satisfying game that rewards skill and punishes recklessness. Outstanding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Just platinumed Fifa 16 so counting it as completed,
    I dont get the appeal of the draft at all, Ive no interest in playing the same Messi/Ronaldo clone teams :confused:

Dying Light (PS4) - I really loved this game, it's full of memorable moments and playing it Co-op with my brother made it even more enjoyable. I'm excited about returning to it to play the remaining side quests. 9/10.

Until Dawn (PS4) - terrific and genuinely scary in places, the choice based mechanics work brilliantly, it's one of the most engrossing games I've played in a while. Sony would give Telltale a run for their money if they continue releasing 'butterfly effect' games as good as this one. Absolutely brilliant game. 9/10.

Life is Strange (Steam) - one of the most thought-provoking and unforgettable games I've ever played, the game deals with issues such as mental health, abandonment, friendship, disabilities, regret, the passage of time, it's incredibly deep but not in a pretentious way. Play it. NOW. 9/10.

Metal Slug (Steam) - Fun, action-packed side-scrolling run and gun game, short but sweet, a real button bashing treat. 7/10.

Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars Director's Cut (Steam) - the classic 1996 point and click adventure game gets two hours of extra content and new animation in this director's cut. Fantastic game, immersive storyline and loveable characters make this a great piece of gaming history. 9/10.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (PC) - Classic LucasArts point and click adventure game, great story, terrific humour and brilliant use of the characters from the franchise. 9/10.

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition (Steam) - updated version of the classic LucasArts point and click adventure, regarded by many to be the greatest game of the genre. The new interface is tedious at times but the voice acting and new animation make it a treat. All in all it deserves the high praise it receives. 7.5/10.

When I finished The Secret of Monkey Island last night I decided to give this indie point and click adventure a go, finishing it in just under two hours. It's an unsettling mystery/horror tale with a plot that is open to interpretation, so it's hard to describe without spoiling it. It's available on Steam, so if you see it for sale I'd recommend picking it up as it's an interesting game to play through in one sitting. A sequel is in the works too which will expand on the ambiguous story. 6/10.

Uncharted 2 (PS4) - It lived up to the hype. Such an improvement on the already excellent original, it had great characters, brilliant set pieces and a lot of action. The cover system became frustrating at times, particularly towards the end, as a lot of the time Nate takes cover behind the wrong wall in combat (something that seems to be an issue with the entire series), but this is overshadowed by how brilliant the game is overall. A terrific gaming experience. 9/10.

Saints Row The Third (Xbox 360) - This game is just completely insane. Arguably the most entertaining sandbox game I've ever played, it is hilarious in so many ways. The weapons, the characters, the set pieces, everything is off the wall. It doesn't take itself too seriously, which is why it works so well. This game is a blast. 8.5/10.

Sam and Max Hit the Road (PC) - After finishing The Secret of Monkey Island a few weeks ago I decided to dive into Sam and Max Hit the Road, and I had no idea what lay in store. Witty, charming, clever, inventive and downright hilarious are just some of the words I can use to describe this comedy masterpiece. In fact it's arguably the funniest game ever made. I laughed out loud more times than I can remember.

The characters are memorable and loveable, the locations are brilliantly inventive (poking fun at the 'tourist trap', The World's Largest Ball of Twine for instance) the dialogue is snappy and the animations are beautiful.

I had a lot more fun with this than I did with Monkey Island, yet Monkey Island gets most of the high praise. One issue that I did have was in relation to some of the puzzles which, particularly in the final part, became difficult for my tiny brain. That's my fault however, not the game's. The game is close to perfect. 9.5/10

Adding:

The Last Door Season One (PC) - a truly chilling point-n-click adventure game that's currently on sale over at gog.com for the same price as a cup of coffee! You owe it to yourself to get this game, the story is very creepy, there are plenty of genuinely unnerving jump scares and the soundtrack is spine-tingling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Batman: Arhkam Knight (PS4)
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (NDC) (PS4)
    Saint Row IV Re-elected (Xbox One)
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (NDC) (PS4)

Adding:

Gone Home (PS4) - Not exactly a difficult games to finish! Got it on PS Plus would have been a little annoyed spending the full retail price on it. Don't get me wrong I really enjoyed it but it's just much too short for the €20 or so it was retailing for at the start. Loved the story telling mechanics in this, not the usual sort of game and all the better for this.

I really need to start finishing a few more games. I'm about halfway through Zombi and should play Uncharted 3 so I can get 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [NDC]
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Firewatch

Xbox One
    Fallout 4
    - Automatron DLC

Steam
    Final Fantasy IX

SEGA Mega Drive
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles

ADDING:
    Trials of the Blood Dragon (PS4)

Kind of strange seeing a Trials game with a plot. If you've played the Trials series it's exactly what you'd expect bar the story, and there are a few side-scrolling shooter elements added to it, which personally I didn't particularly enjoy. Overall fairly good, albeit a bit short (I had it done in roughly 4 or 5 hours). I would've slapped 10 euro to the game rather than 15 (20 if you get the deluxe) as it's pretty linear in comparison to the main series.

• Advertisement

Child of Light
    The Silent Age
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Undertale
    Dream
    The Cave
    Stardew Valley
    Viscera Cleanup Detail
    The Fall
    Deus Ex HR Directors Cut
    Toki Tori 2.
    The Swapper
    Her Story.

Finished Bulletstorm and Dreamfall Chapters.

Bulletstorm was a lot of fun. Its nice to sometimes play a shot that doesnt take itself seriously and is all about over the top violent rampage fun. First game I've played that rewards you for shooting an enemy in the arse.

Dreamfall Chapters made for a great follow up to the previous game. Felt its choice system was actually quite good and made your decisions have more impact than Telltales games even if they dont massively impact on the overall ending.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Gravity rush
    Assassins creed Syndicate

MURAMASA REBIRTH -vita

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Finished Arkham Knight the other evening.
    A lot of fun, though some of the clear the area of the enemies to continue sections got boring really quickly towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Since the start of the year:

Halo 4: A replay on the One as part of the MCC. Enjoyed it a lot more than the first time I played through it because I had played through 1-3 just beforehand and got interested in the lore and the universe.

Halo 5: Enjoyed this too, especially the early stuff in the colonies. Think it lost it's way a bit once it went into the usual Halo stuff, and the accompanying podcast did a better job of telling the story. On the gameplay side of things the ledge climb and boost make such a big difference to gameplay.

Back to the Future: Game share with my brother and he picked this up back in October when it was on sale for the 30th anniversary. Think I started it back then and could only bring myself to finish it over the last few nights. Has a bit more 'game' aspects to it than recent telltale games but story wise is pretty boring. By the end I was using the hints for any puzzle that wasn't blatantly obvious just to get through it.

Lego Marvel: Played through it with the kids. Handy enough and all the bricks/characters really bring out the collector in me. Not sure if I prefer the old format or the inclusion of the hub area full of collectibles though. Really enjoyed the mini New York in this but that was most likely down it being full of Marvel characters. Gotham and Bricktropolis (??) in Lego Batman and The Lego Movie weren't as good imo. Although Middle Earth in Lego LotR is still the pinnacle of this style.

Quantum Break: Good game. Enjoyable story even if some of the main points were predictable. Fairly short with some good set pieces and not that difficult on hard, gameplay kinda reminded me of Army of Two. That final boss battle though. Also normally like when games have collectibles which add to the world but this had too much and by the end of it I wasn't even bothering to read most of them. TV show was something different although not sure how much it impacted on the game.

Pnuema: Breath of Life. Wouldn't have bought this due to how short it was but really enjoyed it as a free game. Most of the puzzles are straight forward and I ran through the game in about 2 hours, some really good challenging ones though, and unfortunately some that are challenging due to poor controls. Also has some nice armchair philosophy thrown in which I always appreciate.

Telltale Game of Thrones: I really enjoyed playing through this over the last few days but after reading through some of the criticisms I find myself agreeing with a lot of them. I had wondered how they were going to incorporate all the characters and locations into the game and thought the main character spending an episode in each location would be a bit far fetched but following the TV show formula of switching between scenes and family members worked really well. The only downside is that having the Telltale formula happening four or five times per episode really highlights how.....formulaic their games are.

Adding

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments: I enjoyed the Sherlock Holmes/Jack The Ripper game and this is a big step up in both graphics and gameplay. You play as Holmes across 6 cases and have to use your detective skills to find your man. Only complaint is that you are led by the hand a bit too much and it makes the cases fairly straightforward.

Dying light - PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    The order 1886 - PS4
    Doom 3 - Xbox 360
    Duke Nukem 3d - Ps vita

Uncharted 3 drakes deception - PS4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Batman: Arhkam Knight (PS4)
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (NDC) (PS4)
    Saint Row IV Re-elected (Xbox One)
    Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (NDC) (PS4)
    Gone Home (PS4)

Adding:

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell (PS4) - Mediocre game. Thankfully I bought it with Saints Row IV as part of an excellent Deals with Gold deal, only a few euro for both of them. It's biggest problem is that there are almost no fleshed out story missions, the vast majority are side activities masquerading as loyalty missions. Although if you want a bit more of Saints Row IV then it's grand. Spent about 5 hours in total playing this and although I could reasonably get all achievements it would be too much of a grind. The best bit by far is the flying super power, great fun!

Next up - I need to finish Zombi, start Uncharted 3 and may this weekend take my first steps in Dark Souls, wish me luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,106 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Lost in Shadow (A Shadow's Tale) on the Wii - Been meaning to play this for a while. Really liked it. Got a very Ico vibe from it. Don't have to escort anyone but with the minimalistic world, pushing boxes, hitting switches and solving puzzles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Dying Light- 9/10
    Rocket League- 7/10
    TWD Season 1- 5/10
    Life is Strange Episode 3- 8/10

Adding Fallout 4- Great game, finished main story which I found interesting. First betheseda game and very happy with it, clocked in 50+ hours. I couldn't find much side quests as I didn't understand how to find the location of some radio signals. Diamond city and goodneighbour were the only major places to go, and faction places. The building was fun too, made a good few settlements but found it very hard to build with. This may sound weird but the game was too big and I'm not going to go around again in survival. Not getting DLC cause they brought it up to €50 and everyone I know says it isn't worth it

The Last Door Season One (PC) - a truly chilling point-n-click adventure game that's currently on sale over at gog.com for the same price as a cup of coffee! You owe it to yourself to get this game, the story is very creepy, there are plenty of genuinely unnerving jump scares and the soundtrack is spine-tingling! 8.5/10.

Adding:

Zombie Army Trilogy (PS4) - had a lot of fun playing this co-op with my brother, very intense and difficult but extremely rewarding to finish. Popping headshots in slo-mo never got boring, and the amount of edge-of-your-seat moments made for an exciting experience. Love this game! 9/10.

Dying light - PS4
    Broken sword 5 - PS4
    The order 1886 - PS4
    Doom 3 - Xbox 360
    Duke Nukem 3d - Ps vita
    Uncharted 3 drakes deception - PS4

Zombie army trilogy - PS4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Update time, new ones underlined.

PC

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: What a game; story wasn't amazing, but the side quests, the scope of the game, the visual beauty, it was a really special gaming experience.
    BattleBlock Theatre: Really fun platformer with a wicked sense of humour.
    Deadlight: Zombie platformer, fairly short and not particularly difficult but looked great. Story a bit dodgy I thought.
    Saints Row The Third: My first Saints Row experience; crazy and irreverent take-off of GTA-type games. A lot of fun but the 25 hours I put into it was more than enough!

Wii U

Guitar Hero Live: Cool twist on an old favourite, and well executed to boot.

Android

TypeRider: Fun and educational platformer.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 daywatcher

PC: I haven't finished any games this year. I got bored playing Fallout 4 - it just didn't live up to the hype and didn't have the depth of Skyrim. I am playing Witcher 3 at the mo' and loving it. Such a rich and compelling world. I bought the 2 DLCs recently so have many happy gaming hours to look forward to! :)

Child of Light
    The Silent Age
    Scribblenauts Unlimited
    Undertale
    Dream
    The Cave
    Stardew Valley
    Viscera Cleanup Detail
    The Fall
    Deus Ex HR Directors Cut
    Toki Tori 2.
    The Swapper
    Her Story.
    Bulletstorm
    Dreamfall Chapters.

Finished Trine, Firewatch and Bulb Boy.

Trine I bought years ago in my first Steam sale but never got round to finishing it so went back and played through it all. Nice casual little platformer which I enjoyed.

Firewatch was brilliant. I love the games setting in the remote Wyoming wilderness. The atmosphere in that game goes from peaceful to tense so fluidly. Kind of wish it was a bit longer just to spend more time in that place.

Bulb Boy is a bizarre point and click game that I got in a humble bundle recently. It kind of has a Salad Fingers meets Binding of Isaac vibe. Its weird but the grotesque monsters are pretty cool.

• Couple of Games I have completed recently (Mostly Replays of Classics):

Kingpin: Life of Crime - PC
    Quake 1 - PC
    Doom 2016 (Game of the Year IMO) - Xbox 1 / PS4
    Broforce PS4 (Disappointing port of the PC version but still great game)
    Uncharted 4 (Good for the first 10 Chapters, after that it dragged on. Most overrated game of the year so far)
    Doom 3 BFG Edition x360
    Doom 1 & 2 x360

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

After years of delaying it, and starting/not finishing it, I finally beat Final Fantasy XIII last night. Overall, not great, it got a bit better near the end. Even by FF standards, the story was a bit ridiculous, but I've heard great things about the sequels, which I'm moving onto now, so I had to get through this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

PS4
    Grand Theft Auto III
    Trials Fusion
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [NDC]
    Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
    Firewatch
    Trials of the Blood Dragon

Xbox One
    Fallout 4
    - Automatron DLC

Steam
    Final Fantasy IX

SEGA Mega Drive
    Sonic the Hedgehog
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2
    Sonic 3 & Knuckles

ADDING:
    Inside (Xbox One)

First playthrough done and dusted. I just need to backtrack and get all the collectibles I missed, then I'll have 1000G out the way.
    Managed to get 1000/1000 about half an hour after posting this, so that's it completely finished.

This game is every bit as good as Limbo was. However, in terms of difficulty, I'd say Limbo is that little bit more challenging than this game.

Regardless, it is definitely one of my favourite games this year. Highly recommended to those who have an XB1/PC

ALSO ADDING
    Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (PS4)

I finished the main story. Afterwards I was attempting to get the remaining trophies and get 100% synchronisation. F*** that. It's after taking me 9 hours to get a few of them post-story and according to a trophy guide, there are two or three that require a ridiculous amount of grinding for each of them.
    I tried, but it's going to end up ruining the fun of the game for me. So on to Jack the Ripper whenever I can.
    For what it's worth, this game is one of the better games in the series. I dare say Ubisoft went out with some sort of high with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Battlefield 4's campaign mode.... I wish I hadn't bothered. Absolute load of garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That_Guy wrote: »
    Battlefield 4's campaign mode.... I wish I hadn't bothered. Absolute load of garbage.
    I thought it was good played it three times. First time on normal on PC then on Hard on PC and then the third time on hard on Xbox one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Another update

Street fighter x Tekken (Xbox 360) not great, feels more like SF than Tekken.
    F.E.A.R. Extraction point (Xbox 360) Good game, though you kind of do know what to expect by now.
    F.E.A.R. Perseus Mandate (Xbox 360) More action packed and less scary than previous games, it's a nice change of pace.
    Shadowrun Returns (PC) great game. nice writing and very imaginative. The combat does get a bit tedious towards the end though.
    Crash tag team racing (Xbox) One of the better cart games, great craic.
    Portal 2 (PC) It was good, but not as good as much as the first one.
    System Shock (PC) great game, especially with the new control scheme. I might get burned at the stake for this but i feel just a tiny bit of handholding would do okay. more than once i had to look at a walkthrough to figure out my next objective.
    Half-Life 2 (PC) Better than i remember it being...a pretty, if ultimately mediocre shooter.
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (PC) More of the same but with some cool set pieces.
    Spellforce: The order of Dawn (PC) An interesting RPG/RTS hybrid, good level design but in the end just more evidence that the genera don't really mix that well.
    Painkiller (PC) Outstanding game. great arena shooter which knows exactly what it is and has the confidence to pull it off.
    Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox 360) I actually really enjoyed it, a fun campaign though i thought the exo-suit abilities needed to be a bit more freeform and the characters needed more development, but a good direction.
    Lollipop Chainsaw (Xbox 360) great fun and fantastic attitude. the only downside is that controls tend to be a bit sticky but otherwise a must-play.
    Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) (PC) Poorly optomised for PCs and fairly poor controls. rubbish, no wonder Origin were giving it away for free.
    King of Fighters '94 (Wii) From SNK Arcade collection, great game though the Wii remote controls take a bit of getting used to, it wouldn't recognize my classic controller for some reason :(
    Blazblue: Calamity Trigger (PS3) great little anime fighter. well drawn characters and basically a spiritual successor to Guilty Gear (I hear)
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (PC) Lack of polish aside, this was a tremendous game, full of atmosphere and a fantastic story and world, combat was very MMO-ey but still okay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Dying Light- 9/10
    Rocket League- 7/10
    TWD Season 1- 5/10
    Life is Strange Episode 3- 8/10
    Fallout 4 - 8/10

Adding
    Mass effect 1 - First bioware game, thought it was good. There wasn't as much lore as I was hoping really, did a lot of side missions, but the menu to go through them was horrible that I decided not to do all of them. The combat was good I guess, for some reason my character was only able to use a pistol. The final mission was a let down in my opinion though, in an earlier mission you choose how to strike and according to the way you choose, a squad member(s) could die, but in the last mission it was a standard bring 2 characters and run around shooting enemies. Also the last boss battle wasn't fun or exciting, it was annoying as hell. Clocked in just less than 20 hours, would recommend though as the world is great, good dialogue opinion and slapping all the reporters you can find. Also there's awkward elevator rides :/

Advertisement