Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Lord Mayor 5 Challenge 2016

Options
  • 01-01-2016 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Anyone signed up to kick this one off in Dublin today? Looks popular.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

Yeah did the first race this morning, flat course but conditions were really tough, the wind coming down chesterfield avenue on both occasions was horrendous. Did the jingle bells 5k a few weeks ago on a horrible day and didn't find it as tough as today.
    Great to see so many blue lord mayor t shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

Signed up for this, first run completed this morning, enjoyable morning in the park. Little bit of wind/rain but not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Great Job! It was wet 'n' wild out there today, so hats off to ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭scotindublin

pac_man wrote: »
    With the exception of Furze road, it felt like I was running into a headwind for most of that. I don't think it was a day for fast times.

Nice to blow away a few cobwebs from the Christmas period

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭glacial_pace71

I had swam/ran/flew the Donore Harriers 'Jingle Bells' 5k a few weeks ago, so was quietly confident of an improvement in this event, notwithstanding a mild hangover.

How wrong I was! Even though it was a flat course, we always seemed to be running into the wind! Still though I was heartened to see the huge turnout: Not sure if Tom Brennan was an Avondale AC or an Inchicore AC man, but gather that he trained several to the highest standards, and Liffey Valley must be happy with the event taking in such a large Lord Mayor Challenge contingent.

Congrats to Liffey Valley AC on a great event. I'm not doing the 5-alive or Lord Mayor 5 Challenge but I was encouraged to see so many blue t-shirts out on the day that was in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

Bagged a faster time today than the jingle bells but was hoping for quicker, wasn't the conditions for a fast time though, if anyone got a PB today they did very well.

Advertisement