Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else started shopping for Christmas 2016 yet??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

kitten_k wrote: »
    Would love to start my shopping now but don't have the money or the space to store them!

Another option is when you are shopping to buy gift cards every week or month that you will use for buying gifts or presents at Christmas time. Say if you know you always get your mam a gift set in boots buy a few gift cards store them up and when you see something then you have the card to buy it ! Space is always a problem lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

This month and every other month I will buy stamps in Dunnes Stores when you have almost a full card you get two euro free, I save them up all year then I can buy what ever I want the first year I did it came in very handy it was our first year in our new house I got my garland, tree lights, some new tree decorations, bed linen and some groceries too, this year I got a centre piece for my table all the groceries and alcohol out of it, some new pans for the kitchen if you don't use your full card your change is put on gift card which is handy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

anyone know if boots will put there stock to 75% off mid jan again this year??

SarahLil wrote: »
    if you don't use your full card your change is put on gift card which is handy

This is one of those things I say I'm gonna do every year and never get around to. Can I ask what you mean by the above ? Say I've saved 100 in stamps in January and go to use them in dunnes in December and I only use 70€ worth do the remaining €30 worth not stay on a card to be used next year or whenever you chose ? Or if you haven't used it by the end of the year does it go onto a gift card for next year ? Thanks x

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    This is one of those things I say I'm gonna do every year and never get around to. Can I ask what you mean by the above ? Say I've saved 100 in stamps in January and go to use them in dunnes in December and I only use 70€ worth do the remaining €30 worth not stay on a card to be used next year or whenever you chose ? Or if you haven't used it by the end of the year does it go onto a gift card for next year ? Thanks x

If you have a 100 on a card of stamps, you spend 70 at the till from the stamps the balance of 30 will be put on a gift card and you can use the balance of 30 at your leisure 10 euro on this 20 on what ever, just keep the gift card safe and you get a receipt confirming your balance on the gift card, hope that helps x

• Advertisement

If you have a 100 on a card of stamps, you spend 70 at the till from the stamps the balance of 30 will be put on a gift card and you can use the balance of 30 at your leisure 10 euro on this 20 on what ever, just keep the gift card safe and you get a receipt confirming your balance on the gift card, hope that helps x

It does ! Thanks ! :) may try to do this this year I swear ill do it this time do !

It does ! Thanks ! :) may try to do this this year I swear ill do it this time do !

I have a little helper my godmother gets me the stamps on the last Thursday of every month so I do owe the money to her, it's great though I love a bargain but come Christmas week I haven't the time to be running here there (Aldi, lidl, dunnes, supervalu Tesco etc) for groceries to save a euro or two on things? I just do the majority of the shop there and say well I've saved all year for it, (you know the way the box of King could be a euro cheaper elsewhere but if you've to go around all the shops, are you saving?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Presents 1 and 2 sorted!

I got a yankee candle Christmas set reduced from €34 to €20 so pretty happy with that. :)

I have a little helper my godmother gets me the stamps on the last Thursday of every month so I do owe the money to her, it's great though I love a bargain but come Christmas week I haven't the time to be running here there (Aldi, lidl, dunnes, supervalu Tesco etc) for groceries to save a euro or two on things? I just do the majority of the shop there and say well I've saved all year for it, (you know the way the box of King could be a euro cheaper elsewhere but if you've to go around all the shops, are you saving?

Ah that's lovely of her and a great help on Christmas week id say ! I'm the same I love a good bargain and try to get it all done in early December but there is always something else needed on Christmas week that has been overlooked .. :eek:

Posy wrote: »
    Presents 1 and 2 sorted!

I got a yankee candle Christmas set reduced from €34 to €20 so pretty happy with that. :)

Where was that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Yankee Candle in Stephen's Green shopping centre. They have 40% off all their Christmas stock. :)

Posy wrote: »
    Yankee Candle in Stephen's Green shopping centre. They have 40% off all their Christmas stock. :)

Brilliant I thought it might have been blanchardstown, why is Yankee.ie online different to the shops?

Anyone know when littlewoods will reduce their Christmas decorations?

i just got the best 2016 present,

My brothers wife just had a baby girl :)

Isla Mae Hunt.

Have to get her a present now for xmas :o:o:o:o

Where was that?

I'm not sure where posy got it but I got the same one same price in my local shaws :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Like a lot of other posters got a lot of decorations at knock down prices from various places, Woodies, Tesco, Carrig doon, and i've been browsing around online for a new tree.

I'm not sure where posy got it but I got the same one same price in my local shaws :)

Can you shop online with Shaws?:D

Can you shop online with Shaws?:D

No they haven't caught up with the modern consumer yet :(

i keep popping in to see if anyone got any deals!
    my package from boots arrived yesterday, all half price stuff

just wish i bought more :(

shakencat wrote: »
    i keep popping in to see if anyone got any deals!
    my package from boots arrived yesterday, all half price stuff

just wish i bought more :(

I was very disappointed. I went onto boots online and couldn't find anything I really liked. Most of it had already sold out :( next year must remember to shop there first thing ! Virtually anyway :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Alot of bargains out there, very tempted to do some shopping for next year today.

But you know what part of the enjoyment for me in November / December for me is doing the present shopping then. I think I'd find it too clinical taking down the presents I bought in jan amd wrapping them.

I got a good few reduced items on black Friday and pre xmas sales so think I will attack black Friday in earnest next year.

i got a two gift sets from L'occitaine this morn on their website.. good prices and lovely presents

Been on the look out for ages for cream and gold Christmas stockings for my fireplace came across two on sale on adverts brand new with tags absolutely delighted with them they are fab

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I just bought a few nice gift sets in the Boots 70% off sale :) Those that don't get used on birthdays will be Christmas '16 pressies!

this is what I've bought on sale...
    tad bit crazy!

IMG-20160114-WA0040.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

tad bit crazy!

That's some haul, love it :D

I've gone a bit mad these January sales, soooo many things on 50/75% off! Back to the savings again now, welp

Dolbert wrote: »
    That's some haul, love it :D

I've gone a bit mad these January sales, soooo many things on 50/75% off! Back to the savings again now, welp

thats me done for a while, there will be more sales all year! haha! I'm broke, and its my own fault!

tad bit crazy!

Love it, brilliant

i just bought a pair of reebok runners in the sale for my bro for net year, i really hope i can still return them in if the size dosent fit??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

i just bought a pair of reebok runners in the sale for my bro for net year, i really hope i can still return them in if the size dosent fit??

I think you have to return them within 28 days.

Advertisement