Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else started shopping for Christmas 2016 yet??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Well guys just back from the shop in Dublin ! I spent a bomb but got about 700 euro worth of stock for 317 all imaginex and nerf and star wars so im totally done now! My poor car was so full I could barely see! Delighted with the bargains I got up there today well worth the look on Facebook if anyone has any toys to get still :)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Well guys just back from the shop in Dublin ! I spent a bomb but got about 700 euro worth of stock for 317 all imaginex and nerf and star wars so im totally done now! My poor car was so full I could barely see! Delighted with the bargains I got up there today well worth the look on Facebook if anyone has any toys to get still :)

Oh just had a look. We don't have kids or any to buy for but I love checking these pages out to recommend to people that do. A lot of reviews sayings abit queuing to get in and pay. Did you go up early ? But lots saying they have Christmas sorted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I can't believe I've bought 2 Lego advent calendars for the kids on Amazon. More Lego to play with, they were a big hit last year.

Bought small umbrellas for the girls in Pennys. Also, glass jars in Tesco for €2.50, to be filled with chubba chubs nearer the big day!

applesock wrote: »
    Oh just had a look. We don't have kids or any to buy for but I love checking these pages out to recommend to people that do. A lot of reviews sayings abit queuing to get in and pay. Did you go up early ? But lots saying they have Christmas sorted.

I was up super early and on Saturday morning the first morning the weather was soooo bad ! I was there for 7am but glad I did I was first in the door and out with everything I wanted. Some woman who I was chatting to sorted her entire christmas shopping from her little girl and her niece's and nephews that one day. :) I love a good bargain :D I have christmas now fully totally done. Stockings and all... just need to pick up a few sweeties now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

im not far away either! not as organised as you though!!

shakencat wrote: »
    im not far away either! not as organised as you though!!

Most people will start when kids go back to school so your still on a good track !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Just spotted this forum on the main page.Already have some of the kids pressies bought and 2 more to pick up tomorrow. Friends and in-laws looked at me as if I had 2 heads but when I spotted stuff the kids wanted on offer, I picked them up. One lad thinks I'm nuts but the same fella moans every December having forked out a fortune for stuff.
    The little one loves Barbie etc. and a couple of weeks ago Tesco were having a clearance sale and I picked up about €100 worth of stuff for about €20.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Going to pick up my son's Christmas and birthday presents at the Heaton's toy sale this weekend! He'll be turning two in early December, so we'll do boring clothes for his birthday and then save the toys for our first year of SANTA! Cannot wait :)

Tesco are having a flash sale while stock last half price on all dvds, xbox consoles games etc. Even new releases. I got 3 new release xbox 1 games for Mr glitz all RRP 65€ for half price and dvd for mini glitz!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Finally got my consignment of blu-rays from Zavvi for the stepdad. Have them all wrapped up and stashed in the back of the wardrobe so he's well sorted with presents now. Meanwhile, I've just reserved an LED bluetooth speaker system in Argos for my mother as her current one bit the dust a few weeks ago. Apparently, this one is a fancy BOSCH number with little dinky lights that flash and pulsate in time to the music so it's a good deal fancier than what she was using before. Hope she likes it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭CrazyChick18

Got my first present today always start when the kids start back at school, between now and December I find great deals online, and then pick up the odd few bits when in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Some lovely decs in Dealz yesterday....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

washiskin wrote: »

What and me beside it today at didn't go in. Ah well maybe next time.
    I assume you mean dealz in Navan SC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

deals in omni have the decortions in too! beside halloween stuff!! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Picked up paw patrol advent calendar in deals. Girl at the till said they were flying out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I really need to get cracking! Had a great start with getting the shop for the Big Man done in July and nothing since! Can't wait to see some Christmas stuff in the shops! Defo getting a second tree this year for our kitchen - spent most of last Christmas Day in the kitchen and had very little decorations up in it.

washiskin wrote: »

None in my local dealz yet :( keep popping in for a browse and nothing ! Did find the halloween dexorations though :p

Bought pyjamas and slippers in Penneys for my aunt along with a fancy LED speaker for my mother, which flashes and pulses in time to music. Got them all wrapped and stashed in the wardrobe right now. I have about 7 or 8 gifts left to buy and I'm coming along nicely- going to be hunting around M&S for a posh jumper for t'Brother soon. I also need to get more wrapping paper.

• Advertisement

Ooh I can't wait til the Christmas pjs hit pennys !! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

The bookpeople had some sets that I've invested in- they came to my work place, so worth checking who does them locally in your area
    Hard to beat the Usborne books for early readers
    http://tinyurl.com/hyycxyb

And these Marvel readers
    http://tinyurl.com/zo6d563

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Some fantastic books there. Great present ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

Well I've got my dad sorted thankfully as he's always the hardest. My mam, bro , nana & god-daughter left.

Posted already in another thread I think but tesco are still clearing half price dvds and xbox playstation games etc! Def worth a look if you need to buy for a game enthusiast! Or some dvds for stocking fillers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Bought a cute wool hat with Pom Pom from penneys it was too nice to leave there thought it would make a nice gift, it may just have to be a gift from me to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

I started this week thanks to the 50% off toys in Heatons. :)

Bought four more presents, meaning I've just got 6 more to buy and boom-done!
    I bought my 3 cousins fleecy pyjammas and slippers from Penneys and a salt lamp for my aunt. All in all, spent about €65.

Started stocking up on the Christmas biscuits! They were half price in supervalu :) now im just trying not to make eye contact with them as they sit on my kitchen counter calling me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Bought 2 big Lego sets for the kids earlier. Same price in smiths as Tesco, so I got them in the latter for the clubcard points. 2 down, 1 to go.

Advertisement