Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re-open thread please

Options
  • 01-01-2016 3:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭

This thread was closed by a mod,reasons been i was being agressive, i supported my posts with links, others disagreed and had no links to support their side, i think the mod was heavy handed and could have issued a warning

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057542206/1/#post98230992

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from DRP since this isn't DRP related.

And just PM the mod to discuss it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Mr.Carter

Spear wrote: »
    Moved from DRP since this isn't DRP related.

And just PM the mod to discuss it.

I did... Mod wasn't too helpful.
    Can it be moved to correct resolution forum please.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This is the correct resolution forum, this isn't a DRF matter. If you're not happy with the mod's decision you can PM the appropriate CMods (Davy and Dudara) and ask them to review the decision.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 209 ✭✭Mr.Carter

Zaph wrote: »
    This is the correct resolution forum, this isn't a DRF matter. If you're not happy with the mod's decision you can PM the appropriate CMods (Davy and Dudara) and ask them to review the decision.

Thanks. Done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

For the sake of clarity, Mr.Carter contacted me via PM yesterday to request that the thread be re-opened. I read and re-read the thread, and I have declined to re-open the thread. If Mr.Carter wishes to appeal further, he is free to do so (and has been told so via PM). As I am currently both CMod for Biz and an Admin, I have reviewed this in the context of a CMod and will not take any further part in an Admin review, should it come to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The mod closed the thread, not because you were aggressive, but rather because you persistently ignored the responses from posters clearly quite knowledgeable about the insurance sector. You also started getting personal with one particular poster questioning their relationship with RSA & accusing them of being a troll. The thread was going nowhere & it was closed by the mod.

The Biz CMod has declined to reopen the thread for reasons presumably given via PM.

I can also confirm as an Admin that the thread will not be reopened. You were given good & honest feedback by other posters. You failed to take any heed of it. No point in discussing it further.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement