Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foreign PS4 help??

Options
  • 01-01-2016 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

My partner bought me a new 1TB PS4 in Gamestop at Christmas. Just unboxed it last night and discovered that the power cord has a 2 pin plug and the manual/guide has no English section. Everything, including the writing on the box, seems to be in Swedish or maybe Finnish.

Gamestop seems to be closed today (not answering phones anyway). Partner says they didn't mention it when buying.

Is this unusual? Should I be looking for Gamestop to give me a UK PS4? Or would they give me an adapter and an English manual? If I just buy an adapter myself will my warrantee be voided if there's a problem?

All help appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

You can just pick up a two to three pin power adapter (like a travel adapter).

Here's a link to the user guide online: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Mike Tobacco

me_irl wrote: »
    You can just pick up a two to three pin power adapter (like a travel adapter).

Here's a link to the user guide online: link

Cheers for that!

Is it pretty common for this to happen then? I'm worried that if I buy an adapter that if it malfunctions and the PS4 gets fried or something (I have literally no idea if this is possible as I have zero knowledge of how electrical current works!) that Sony will say my warrantee is void as I was using non-Sony/non approved equipment or something.

I assume that there would be an English option for the console setup screens or whatever? Sorry - I'm a compete noob!

• Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd go back to the shop about it, possibly contact Sony with seriel number to see if it's for UK/Irish market. You can just connect one of these cables, they are found on lots of consoles, dvd players, etc, the likes of Power City or Woodies would have them too...

31MozBmfDUL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,306 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Cheers for that!

Is it pretty common for this to happen then? I'm worried that if I buy an adapter that if it malfunctions and the PS4 gets fried or something (I have literally no idea if this is possible as I have zero knowledge of how electrical current works!) that Sony will say my warrantee is void as I was using non-Sony/non approved equipment or something.

I assume that there would be an English option for the console setup screens or whatever? Sorry - I'm a compete noob!

No need for an adapter, a normal figure-of-8 lead will do. Most non earthed equipment with have it. Had the same recently and the only difference is that the games that came with the console ya had to do a bit of jiggery pokery to get them to work (mine was from canada)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

PS4s are all the same.

Just get a standard kettle lead and use that instead of the cable you got.

Same lead that's in other playstations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Mike Tobacco

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I rang Playstation support and they said it was fine to use an adapter but not to use a different lead.

Went to Woodies and picked up an adapter so ready to go here!

Thanks again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I think the console will still have access to the regular PS store as well, as this will depend on your own PS Account and where you've registered as living.
    The lead thing is just that if you need to use the warranty you will want to be saying you've been using approved accessories, even if that is the common figure 8 cable.
    You should, when setting up, be able to tell the machine where you are and it'll set the language as UK English, or something similar.

Advertisement