Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macbook Screen Repair

• 01-01-2016 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

My Macbook (2012 13 inch non-retina) suffered some damage :(

The screen is badly damaged, the damage was done by a strike to the back of the screen (the aluminium side with the apple logo) and the force actually dented the aluminium and cracked the screen on the other side.

Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to replace the screen? I think the whole aluminum part will have to be replaced, essentially that half of the laptop like! :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭3DataModem

Volovo wrote: »
    My Macbook (2012 13 inch non-retina) suffered some damage :(

The screen is badly damaged, the damage was done by a strike to the back of the screen (the aluminium side with the apple logo) and the force actually dented the aluminium and cracked the screen on the other side.

Does anyone have an idea of how much it would cost to replace the screen? I think the whole aluminum part will have to be replaced, essentially that half of the laptop like! :mad:

I did exactly the same today. Any idea of price?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Volovo

3DataModem wrote: »
    I did exactly the same today. Any idea of price?

Yeah, the part itself is almost 400 euro. There are places in Dublin City Centre that do the whole fix for 400, but I went with an official Apple reseller that is charging 500 euro, for labour and the initial "diagnosis" :(

If you are handy, you might be able to fit it yourself, it doesn't look all that difficult with a kit like this or this

Advertisement