Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo limit dropped on new licenses.

Options
  • 01-01-2016 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭

Just checking my new licenses and I noticed the ammo limit, I had 500 rd for .22. and 12g has dropped to 250 on the new license.
    Anyone ever had this happen to them?
    I remember filling the forms out and they were pre-populated with 500 rds ,not 250.
    It made me a criminal overnight as I had a box of 500 .22 in my safe!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

:eek:

What did you have on the application for the use of the firearms? Hunting? Target Shooting? Both?

That totally sucks by the way. I now wonder if I Should lower the number of rounds on my fca1.....or maybe just put it in as is.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Simply write into your FO or use an FCA2. Now the FCA2 does not have a spot for ammo, but in the "Reason for Amendment" section you could write that your ammo limit was 500 and dropped to 250 even though the reason for the limit remains the same and the FCR had this amount on it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

A follow up to this, contacted my local Garda and she says that because I am no longer a member of a gunclub I can't have even 250 rounds.
    I was a member but the type of shooting wasn't for me and TBH the club seemed to be a bit of an insider sort of thing.
    New regulations are what she quoted but I am not sure that I have seen any regulations regarding ammo limits for gunclub members being different to a Joe soap?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

CJhaughey wrote: »
    A follow up to this, contacted my local Garda and she says that because I am no longer a member of a gunclub I can't have even 250 rounds.
    Section 3(4)(b) of the 1925 act relates to ammunition but only says about having ammunition relevant to the firearm license you have, etc. It gives nothing amounts.

The commissioners guidelines state amounts, but are only averages, and not in law. So you can be a hunter and ask for 5,000 rounds and once you show good reason you should be able to get it.
    New regulations are what she quoted but I am not sure that I have seen any regulations regarding ammo limits for gunclub members being different to a Joe soap?
    Horsesh*t.

There is no new legislation and regulations are not law. They are an industry standard which can be amended to different situations.

Also ask her to tell you which "regulation" she is referring to. I love this "its the law" and we're meant to swallow that sh*t sandwich without asking why.

Go back, and ask her to explain herself.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

The old 70s Anarchists saying "Question Authorithy!"ALWAYS applies with firearms laws here in Ireland.Utter farsc ical situation that we have to do this at all.:(

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
Advertisement