Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pre planning meeting - Floodplain

• 01-01-2016 8:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi

I had a pre planning meeting with clare coco and they said to me that part of the site I wish to build on is mapped as a flood plain. This house is not in the area listed as a floodplain.

The site is only 500m from the shannon (weir) but even at the moment it is not affected at all by the current rain.

I was wondering what maps or how old would the maps be that the council use?

It may well have been a floodplain in the past but since the weir has been built it is no longer an issue.

The fact that it isnt even affected at the moment in the current weather!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

You could submit an FRA and prove if the site floods or not.

There are floods maps available online. They are based on LIDAR surveys which arent great which can result in poor flood maps. A more accurate survey with your FRA would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭briaineo

Hi thanks for the advice

found this from the opw but don't think it can be used.

shannoncframstudy.ie/interactive/shannon_upperlower/pdfs/N12/N12_Extent_Map30.pdf

we would be on the lefthand side of the body of water.

Advertisement